Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chas and Dave

Just booked to sèe them at the Blackheath Halls.
Can't wait.

Comments

• Fantastic. Love 'em!
  • Always think it's an RIP thread when I see names like that. I guess this one would have been a pretty heavy coincidence.
  • See em at Woodville Halls in Gravesend a good few years back for my birthday. Excellent night
  • thought they'd packed it in .. but then, when do 'stars' ever retire ? .. good to see them back
  • They are flawless live, sometimes you will get drunken cunts with no idea how to behave when at a gig at their shows, in the main they are brilliant live. Must have seen them 15 times at various places.
  • edited December 2016
    Saw them in the Bill Nicholson prior to a NLD some years ago.
    Now that was an atmosphere!
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

They are flawless live, sometimes you will get drunken cunts with no idea how to behave when at a gig at their shows, in the main they are brilliant live. Must have seen them 15 times at various places.

100% this.

I've seen them roughly the same amount of times & they are superb live. They put on a fantastic show. You do get some proper bellends at their shows though!
  • They were brilliant last weekend in Kentish town, played for 2 hours plus and flawless. I would recommend seeing them live if you get a chance
  • thought they'd packed it in .. but then, when do 'stars' ever retire ? .. good to see them back

There was a BBC4 documentary on them a couple(?) of years ago, the bass player (Dave?) had retired at one point, but seems to have changed his mind. Perhaps Ossie Ardiles pestered him to comer back!

There was a BBC4 documentary on them a couple(?) of years ago, the bass player (Dave?) had retired at one point, but seems to have changed his mind. Perhaps Ossie Ardiles pestered him to comer back!
    His wife died and he packed it up for a bit but has been back for a while now.

Seen them a couple of times recently and they are very, very good.

May go to this too but am seeing The Who the following night.
  • Saw them once in the 80s, great entertainment.
  • "Saw" them at Knebworth supporting Led Zep - don't remember much about their set to be honest. ;-)
  • SE7toSG3 said:

They were brilliant last weekend in Kentish town, played for 2 hours plus and flawless. I would recommend seeing them live if you get a chance

Was there too. Cracking show

• She's a big fat rat, the ex that is.
  • I saw chas with another over in Spain a few years back , at the club in Quesada .
    He was great on the piano and his partner was good back up or Dave who at the time had retired . Spoke to has after gig he said that he hoped to be spending more time in Spain . Apparently not just yet . Enjoy . They ought the house down
  • They are brilliant live but @carter is right you really do get some complete knobs at their gigs.

As a proper insomniac I often listen to playlists on my iTunes and Chas & Dave was my choice two nights ago.

My wife who can sleep through hurricanes and snore for England had enough at 3am whilst I was singing along to the Sideboard Song in the spare room. She even had the temerity to say I was singing 'flat'. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• The pair of them and the drummer Nik, who is Chas' son are awesome musicians. Now I know you don't sell gig tickets if you are no good at playing and performing but they are genuinely musically brilliant. They normally do a load of stuff like Jerry-Lee Lewis, from the sixties and 50's then the other half is all their stuff and they have a huge back catalogue.

Like I say, don't let the risk of dickheads who've never left their local put you off its because of them sometimes the theatre shows are dry during the performance and sometimes all night
  • Saw them a couple of years ago. They were on stage for about 2 1/2 hours. Great entertainment
  • I used to watch them in the late 70s art the prince of wales pubin gravesend. 25p to get in.
  • Chas Hodges diagnosed with cancer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38885641

Get well soon Chas
  • Let's hope the prognosis is accurate.
  • In sickness and in health I love ya.
  • They will be needed fit and well.

The year may not end in one but it's the year of the Rooster (for Rooster read Cockerel!)

;)