Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley to Heathrow

2»

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

Put your foot down siv
    Tell the missus once she has picked her cousin up to pick you up from the pub after

And to expect a right hander if we lose.
  • Options
    I think you'll be alright as long as you get away sharpish. A2, M25 definitely the best way. As someone else has said, you could leave 5 minutes early to be sure but I think you'll be ok anyway.
  • Options

You could make it - Jubilee to Baker Street, Bakerloo to Paddington, express to Heathrow, but would mean on getting to North Greenwich on time.

By car at that time of the day you have no chance.

My route in a hurry.
  • Options
    Leave at half time. Go to Heathrow. Sing "we want Roland out" at Heathrow. Find a huge group of Brexiteers joining you and singing "we want Poland out". Avoid arrivals on the Warsaw flight. Get on BBC News.
  • Options
    More good stuff in here

Flight left 40 mins late and is due to arrive 3 mins early..... sooooo..... am still right on the line....

Gonna get on the road from Norfolk. Still intend to go..... buuuuut.... might have to leave 5 mins early for the first time ever.

I have to do the driving as Chinese only get a year of grace with their own license in the UK (quite generous, actually). She hasn't yet passed the UK test. So... I have to do it. And yes... to the Chinese a family visit IS like a state visit.
  • Options
    My son flies out to Beijing at 5 today. Misses the football, but I will be at the Valley. I hate the drive to Hea5hrow, whichever way I go I wish I had gone the other way, he will do train and tube which is what I always do these days.
  • Options
    Give the football a miss then siv your not really gonna enjoy it as your mind will be thinking about the drive after the game .
    My wife would sort it out herself though but this would be due to me moaning about the traffic and me screaming this is f@cking ballacks this would also be before I've started the car up after the game.
    Anyway have a nice day just pre book hotel room at Heathrow for tonight that way if your late you got somewhere to sleep tonight.
  • Options
    But wait till Crossrail comes in. We will be spoiled. Woolwich to Heathrow in 50 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Traffic around Bluewater may be bad
  • Options

Most shopping centres seem to be relatively empty so far. I've been driving straight into car parks that in previous years I've had to queue right down the road to get in to. Everybody has been buying on line
  • Options
    The lure of footy is too strong

Should ditch it, but can't

Btw... different websites are saying different things about arrival time. Which is most reliable?

Eh Google says diff to Heathrow website
  • Options
    I always go to the BAA/Heathrow site for arrivals and find it pretty accurate. Need to know the flight number, and handy to know where the flight is from (my son changes at Copenhagen this time) and the airline company.
    If it is a direct flight I suspect it will be terminal 5 which is pretty efficient moving passengers through.
  • Options

The lure of footy is too strong

Should ditch it, but can't

Btw... different websites are saying different things about arrival time. Which is most reliable?

Eh Google says diff to Heathrow website

Good luck siv I hope you see Christmas.
  • Options

could avoid this by using the A20
  • Options
    M25 all clear ATM. Gonna chance leaving on 80
  • Options
    Easy easy easy
  • Options

Easy easy easy

That's no way to talk about your mother in law @Siv_in_Norfolk
  • Options
    Left on 70 mins, after we went 2 down and subs were made.

Was in car by 4.35 and at Heathrow for 6pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options

Left on 70 mins, after we went 2 down and subs were made.

Was in car by 4.35 and at Heathrow for 6pm.

So that's why we were so crap on Saturday.

KR wanted to make it easy for you to leave early, it's obvious now