Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Merry Christmas Airman and Afka

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
One of the people who has done so much for our club, and who receives some unjustified criticism by a minority of fans who fail to respect this is Airman. He is too modest to admit it, and of course there are others deserving of much credit, but his contribution to the club as a supporter and employee over the years has been fantastic and so very important.

When my brother and I commisioned a fantastic caricature artist, who has done other jobs for us for more commercial clubs!, to do Charlton caricactures and print and frame 50 of them, it was a bit self indulgent but we did it anyway. Charlton is our team - it didn't feel right missing us out. We proudly have one of each on display in our homes and office. We always planned to give a print to Airman to show our recognition of his efforts. Not just for the past, but for the future and to show him that a lot of us fans do appreciate him (the silent vast majority) and are grateful for what he has done and does for the betterment of the club.

We would also like to give a print to AFKA for his supreme efforts on this site which forms such a big part of our daily lives, and putting up with us. AFKA if you could message me your address, I will get a print out to you in the post.

We know there are lots of others deserving of recognition, and we give them our thanks. If anybody else wants one of the few remaining ones, I'm afraid you will have to buy it, they are for sale on our website or you can message me.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/75971/christmas-gift-idea-for-charlton-fans-10-to-protest-fund#latest

I have attached a pic of my son presenting the print to Airman at yesterday's game. Another reminder as we witnessed an abject performance and so many empty seats why this club needs Airman so much. I also have a picture on my wall of my son - when he was six - with Darren Bent when he was a mascot with the backdrop of a full buzzing Premiership Valley. We need to fight to get those days back....... and we need Airman.

Merry Christmas.

Comments

• Options
    Thought you were talking about me to start off with
  • Options
    Nice one Muttley.

There's a yellow ghost in the background of that pic behind the Peterborough firm
  • Options
    Brown nose!
  • Options
    Well done, Mutley.
  • Options
    agreed ((:>)
  • Options

Thought you were talking about me to start off with

You wanna look into that
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Brown nose!

Is that a random self assessment or a comment on this thread? :wink:
  • Options
    Been mentioned before of course....the club stupidly shat on their own doorstep when they parted company with Rick.
    Far and away better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in....stupid sods!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice gesture for two people thoroughly deserving a bit of recognition. Good one, Muttley.
  • Options
    Your son is a very handsome young man Muttley. :-)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Behave yourself, he is not in the same league as @Airman Brown !
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Watch your back young fella....."the shark is out."
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Thanks - he likes to think so - must be from his mum!
  • Options
    #printforlookie
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Brown nose!

Rebel without a cause.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

#printforlookie

#prayforlookie
  • Options
    Was our CEO not available to present Airman with his award? ;)
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

#printforlookie

#lookiematters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #JesuisLookie
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Was our CEO not available to present Airman with his award? ;)

We were looking for her to present it but I think her train must have been late!
  • Options
    Pleased to say that my order turned up today and it's brilliant. I would heartily recommend them to any Charlton fan, especially as Muttley is currently donating 10% of each purchase to the protest fund.
    I'm looking forward to seeing my memento of that historic day on permanent display in the house.
  • Options

Pleased to say that my order turned up today and it's brilliant. I would heartily recommend them to any Charlton fan, especially as Muttley is currently donating 10% of each purchase to the protest fund.
    I'm looking forward to seeing my memento of that historic day on permanent display in the house.

Agreed, the prints are superb.
  • Options
    Thanks - I am glad you like them. We will be donating 22.50 to the fund tomorrow for the 5 that have been sold to lifers so far. I will pass on your comments to the artist.
  • Options
    Yes please Muttley. Please send to

c/o Roland Dutchatelet
    Melexis NV
    Rozendaalstraat 12
    8900 Ieper
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'm tempted to get a cruel caricature of him and Katrien done. I mean really cruel. I'll pause on that for now! Would be nice to send him a massive canvas of it though!

Oh and anybody wanting to order some in time in time for Christmas - I don't think they will make it now.

AFKA - still waiting for your address so I can send you one. You deserve it for putting up with us!
  • Options

I'm tempted to get a cruel caricature of him and Katrien done. I mean really cruel. I'll pause on that for now! Would be nice to send him a massive canvas of it though!

Oh and anybody wanting to order some in time in time for Christmas - I don't think they will make it now.

AFKA - still waiting for your address so I can send you one. You deserve it for putting up with us!

Just send it to the Weatherspoons in Cannon Street station, made for the attention of "Most Loyal Customer". It'll definitely get to him that way.
  • Options
    My pleasure to know both gentlemen, yes, a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to both of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    £22.50 paid to the protest fund this afternoon thanks to those who bought framed prints. Any more sales and we will continue to donate 10% to the protest fund,