Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Lookman as a Striker!

I personally think he is better playing there than on the wing.

The times I've seen him play last and this season he could not cross a ball! He's good on his feet and his finishing is decent so why not play him as a Striker?

Comments

• Options
    Why not. He would be an improvement on Ajose
  • Options
    Agree, but think he is trying to fill the role Holmes would normally play. We were overrun in midfield at times yesterday in the first half. Without Lookman in midfield, it would have been even worse. He's a victim of the lack of depth in the squad. I hope it doesn't ruin his development.
  • Options

Agree, but think he is trying to fill the role Holmes would normally play. We were overrun in midfield at times yesterday in the first half. Without Lookman in midfield, it would have been even worse. He's a victim of the lack of depth in the squad. I hope it doesn't ruin his development.

It won't ruin his development. His lack of opportunity at Everton will do that.
  • Options
    Lookman Magennis
    Chicksen Crofts Ulvestad Holmes

Would be a playoff reaching forward line
  • Options
    I'd drop him untol the January transfer window opens and sell him for as much as we can because on the evidence of yesterday's and MK away performance he is going through the motions.
  • Options
    His best position will be as an attacking midfielder driving at the opposition .. he has the technique and ability, the shooting accuracy .. right now he lacks the power and composure .. in time they will come ..

However, if we get a big bid for him I would be in favour of a sale .. we need the money for 3 or 4 team improvers .. I think that the sale of another decent youngster is the only way we can raise the money that will be needed .. sad but there it is
  • Options
    and .... Spread Out
  • Options

His best position will be as an attacking midfielder driving at the opposition .. he has the technique and ability, the shooting accuracy .. right now he lacks the power and composure .. in time they will come ..

However, if we get a big bid for him I would be in favour of a sale .. we need the money for 3 or 4 team improvers .. I think that the sale of another decent youngster is the only way we can raise the money that will be needed .. sad but there it is

Surely you don't really believe that Roland will use the money he gets for Lookman to buy new players with? Any money received will be used to offset the weekly losses that RD is racking up. If we get any new players in in the January window, they will be the usual mishmash of freebies, undisclosed and loanees that we have seen since January 2014 - with the same inevitable results.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Agreed. Either sell him or play him at the tip of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1

Foley-Bauer-Tex-Fox

Crofts-Ulvestad

Holmes - Lookman - Chicksen
    (Botaka)

Magennis
  • Options
    As I recall, Lookman attracted attention in the U23s because he kept banging the goals in. Sounds to me like he was played as a striker then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Haha you really think any fee for Lookman will go towards "3 or 4 team improvers"
  • Options

Haha you really think any fee for Lookman will go towards "3 or 4 team improvers"
    we will see what happens in January .. can't leave it as long as the next close season
  • Options
    Always been obvious to me, Ademola's a striker.
    Strikers with pace can sometimes contribute out wide, on their natural side.
    He is right sided.
    Playing him on the left is idiotic.
    Another petulant piss poor performance like Saturday's and picking him at all will be idiotic.
    se9addick said:

Lookman Magennis
    Chicksen Crofts Ulvestad Holmes

Would be a playoff reaching forward line

apart from the fact Crofts is in there and he's not good enough

and we'd still need a competent back 4