Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall away trains

2»

Comments

• Options

Dansk_Red said:
    Could have at least used a better train photo, that one's horrible.
    Send the club one from your collection, and they'll change the photo :smile:
  • Options
    The rail strike increases the chances of trouble significantly (and not just from Charlton fans devastated that we don't get to see some trains!)
  • Options
    trains running from london bridge to south bermondsey;

fucking jokers that southern are, they've increased the chances of trouble 10 fold.
  • Options

markmc68 said:

Millwall fan are you up for a light ale in the rose ?

Due to family commitments I'm not even sure I can make it on Wednesday. Will only know on the day. Deffo going to the away fixture in a few weeks though 100%. Will be drinking in the Borough before hand then if you fancy a couple?

Charlton flu
  • Options
    I guess they're going to have to let us get out at the same time as the home fans due to south Bermondsey station being in such a mess
  • Options

I guess they're going to have to let us get out at the same time as the home fans due to south Bermondsey station being in such a mess

either that or make us go bermondsey underground station, tbh could do without the usual behaviour just wanna get home afterwards.
  • Options

trains running from london bridge to south bermondsey;

fucking jokers that southern are, they've increased the chances of trouble 10 fold.

na it should be fine as there is a safety conductor on those trains. just imagine if there wasn't..
  • Options

either that or make us go bermondsey underground station, tbh could do without the usual behaviour just wanna get home afterwards.
    the last time south Bermondsey was closed you just walk out and head off to whichever station you want. surrey quays and new cross are the closest.

problem though is that year we pulled the lions tale. the year where it kicked off a little bit inside the ground and outside.

which like you I really cant be arsed with.
  • Options
    About 40 of us walking from Greenwich. Gonna be carnage! :wink:
  • Options
    London Bridge for beers from about 3ish, black cab to ground, job done, if you fill the cab up looking at £3 each.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenwich, 1 o'clock meet and cab to the ground
  • Options
    Opened the thread hoping to see loads of pictures of trains. Disappointed.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Greenwich, 1 o'clock meet and cab to the ground

Cab??? Get tooled up and walk with us!!
  • Options
    What time is the walking bus departing I think I'd like to be on that.
  • Options
    Ill be coming in from London bridge area but with the delays what do people recommend?

First time I'm going so don't really want to take a wrong turn ha!
  • Options
    think I'll walk from Canada Water, may get wet but hey ho
  • Options

Ill be coming in from London bridge area but with the delays what do people recommend?

Tube from London Bridge to Bermondsey or Canada Water and a 25 minute walk.

Or you can tube to Canada Water, overground to Surrey Quays and have a 15 minute walk.

Don't wear club colours and don't shout about how much you hate Millwall and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Millwall warning of the potential for severe travel delays so to allow yourself extra time to get to the ground tonight
  • Options

Or you can tube to Canada Water, overground to Surrey Quays and have a 15 minute walk.

Don't wear club colours and don't shout about how much you hate Millwall and you'll be fine.
    Is that easy to get to the away stand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Either way you are going to encounter Millwall fans, but they are probably more likely to come from New Cross way.

That being said most of the people coming from Bermondsey will probably be those heading there from work (like myself) and there will also be commuters on their way home. Plus from Bermondsey you'll encounter the away end before you arrive at any of the other stands.
  • Options

Millwall warning of the potential for severe travel delays so to allow yourself extra time to get to the ground tonight

according to the rail planner website, the only two viable trains FROM Sth Berm to Ldn Bridge after the game are at 21.45 and 21.59 .. presumably to ensure that fans can get away in decent time ... trains before and after this time have been cancelled ..
    However, I checked at East Croydon and the ticket clerk there stated that there were 'very few delays' .. all a bit of a lottery it seems
  • Options

Either way you are going to encounter Millwall fans, but they are probably more likely to come from New Cross way.

That being said most of the people coming from Bermondsey will probably be those heading there from work (like myself) and there will also be commuters on their way home. Plus from Bermondsey you'll encounter the away end before you arrive at any of the other stands.
    There'll be plenty of Millwall coming in from Bermondsey too. More so than New Cross usually these days. As someone else said, no colours or silly songs on route to the ground about hating Millwall and you'll be fine. All these 'stay safe guys' posts, this isn't Syria we're talking about. It's just Millwall away. If you want trouble you'll probably find it. But if you don't then just keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine.

I don't know about you, but I get a sneaking suspicion this might be a Millwall fan.
  • Options
    whats the best away fan friendly pub near the ground? Going to go for a quick pint in london bridge area and then head on down via Surrey Quays.
  • Options

whats the best away fan friendly pub near the ground? Going to go for a quick pint in london bridge area and then head on down via Surrey Quays.

None really mate. You're best of staying around LB a bit longer. You can't beat the Borough for a few pints in my opinion. Probably be quite a few Charlton there I would imagine.

• Options

There'll be plenty of Millwall coming in from Bermondsey too. More so than New Cross usually these days. As someone else said, no colours or silly songs on route to the ground about hating Millwall and you'll be fine. All these 'stay safe guys' posts, this isn't Syria we're talking about. It's just Millwall away. If you want trouble you'll probably find it. But if you don't then just keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine tough shit as you'll probably still find it.

Made a slight change to your post
  • Options
    Why Chris?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    You'll probably be outnumbered 5 to 1 in pubs round London Bridge by people just going for a drink after work than you will be Millwall or Charlton.