Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darts

Comments

• Options
    Price still blaming anyone but himself on Instagram: 
    “So frustrating you play all year round preparing for this one tournament. So gutted I wasn’t let play but good luck everyone left in. Not sure I will ever play in this event again.”
    Would be much better advised to eat some humble pie and say he'd screwed up.
  • Options
    I doubt Gerwyn Price has ever been humble or admitted he screwed anything up!!
  • Options
    Why is the final tomorrow night?, always used to be BH evening 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Price loves the crowd when he's playing well, but it's the first thing he blames when he isn't performing. Last year's crowd was 10x worse towards Price. 

PDC and Sky have lost control of the crowd at the Ally Pally and it has been getting worse and worse each year, in terms of interest towards who's playing.
    I've been every year for about 10 years and it seems the same to me. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to this Smith semi final
  • Options
    Incredible darts already. Just 4 legs in. 
  • Options
    come on smith
  • Options
    not sure how Smith lost that set. 
  • Options
    That 170 finish kicked the hornets nest some what.
  • Options
    Indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think we will see the same response to that one 
  • Options
    Ridiculous set there 
  • Options
    VdB looks like he might either cry or bitch slap MvG Will Smith stylee. 
  • Options
    Mind you I would  have told MVG to step back. 
  • Options
    So glad the dancing idiot is getting pasted 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Mind you I would  have told MVG to step back. 
    MvG is always encroaching when his opponent throws, it's not just this evening. Sometimes he's even closer than he has been today.

I'm going to stick my neck out here: I don't think Dimi is going to win this.

MvG 5-0 up.
  • Options
    Would like to see Smith win but difficult to see him beating MVG.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Same here. Just don't see how anyone beats MVG when he's playing like he is atm
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Re: Gerwyn Price
    I literally coudn't stand him in the past, however he has grown on me. Regardless of his actions but i do think he has a point here, 

Firstly lets look at what happened when Danny Ings wore headphones recently with one of the mascot, i get its different circumstances but he got no stick what so ever. I know Price situation is different, but why can he not wear headphones? It's just another reason people are getting on his back and no need for it. He could purely be using them as the boo's are putting him off, so what? 

I'd guess if there was another player, more liked and he wore them noone would have said much or got as much social media attention. I know its part of the parcel with darts but there are a lot of knobs who go to darts, sort of football fans wannnabes (i went the other day funny enough).

The same people, are the same ones that boo EVERY opponent v Fallon Sherrock. This is not part of the sport we should accept, i don't mind the odd pantomime but clearly it has gone too far for someone to wear head phones/ noise defenders.

A side from that, i think we will have a good final tonight but MVG really looks unstoppable and in frightening form, lets hope Smith can go with him for a bit or even find another level.  

PS- My side point, even if not intended but imagine someone with learning difficulties or autism seeing him wearing it on TV, i think it could have been spun into a positive for them. 

PSPS. Imagine another sport which is 1 on 1, like snooker and the crowd being able to boo as they take a shot, its just poor etiquette all round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023

John sums it up for me. Price has a short memory as to why he gets the stick that he does. The bloke is an absolute helmet 
  • Options
    What does it say?

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    What does it say?

Just saying how Price has been fined and suspended before for his behaviour towards Whitlock and Anderson, and had always brushed his antics off as his opponent's problem. 

"He should have realised both those players had many loyal supporters in the audience, the paying fans do not forget"
  • Options
    How can anyone not like Gerwyn Price?

He's a pantomime villain playing to a pantomime crowd.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

John sums it up for me. Price has a short memory as to why he gets the stick that he does. The bloke is an absolute helmet 
    Exactly this, you can't come out with comments like that, goad the crowd, play up as the villain and then suddenly blame the crowd noise when you're not playing well.

Pretty sure the crowds have always been against him so it's not a new thing. He's just out of form and looking for excuses.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    What does it say?

• Options
    Croydon said:
    philcafc said:
    Simply untouchable in that kind of form, his average for one of the sets last night was 128! How can anyone play against that?

But it could get interesting though if Smith can get ahead early and with the crowd on his side, some pressure builds on MVG. 
  • Options
    the thing is with Smith, is that he never looks like he is enjoying it out there and any score under 140 is met with a grimace. 
    saying that, I think he is one of the few who score heavily enough to get the leg breaks against MVG, particularly when his double tops are flying in first dart
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    philcafc said:
    Simply untouchable in that kind of form, his average for one of the sets last night was 128! How can anyone play against that?

But it could get interesting though if Smith can get ahead early and with the crowd on his side, some pressure builds on MVG. 
    That’s the only way for Smith.
    If MVG takes the darts before Smith, I see only one winner.
    Then again, only see a Dutch winner if I’m honest
  • Options
    Hopefully MVG has peaked and played his best game in the semi-final.
    I appreciate he's probably the best player in the world at the moment but arrogance is not a good trait.