Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fan/Player Mentality

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
Fans talk about about players coming in to the Millwall game with the wrong mentality. With what I have seen on here some our fans have a defeatest mentality when it comes to Millwall writing us off. Those same fans will hammer the players if they had that mentality. Just saying.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure the players have the wrong mentality beforehand.

It's just that when they walk out onto the pitch against Millwall, they melt.

Charlton, as a generalisation sign decent fellas & Millwall as a generalisation sign bastards.

It's not a total surprise, they make it a battle and rarely lose.
  • Options
    Kitchener, Cripps, Hurlock, Muscat, Wise.
  • Options
    Yes, it's all the fans' fault
  • Options
    Given the spelling in the thread's title, maybe we lack steel
  • Options

Fans talk about about players coming in to the Millwall game with the wrong mentality. With what I have seen on here some our fans have a defeatest mentality when it comes to Millwall writing us off. Those same fans will hammer the players if they had that mentality. Just saying.

Maybe it's something to do with not beating them in over 20 years. It's the hope that kills you
  • Options
    I dont think anyone has a defeatist mentality... Its more the fact that every year we get our hopes up that this'll be the year that we finally beat Millwall, it doesnt happen and we're all the more disappointed.

I think the best approach is to expect defeat so when it happens we're not disappointed yet if we win we'll be on cloud nine!!
  • Options
    6 wins in 48 league games since the war. That's not fans having the wrong mentality. That's a proper football jinx.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the game for Karl to show us what he has got. Although I do not expect us to win this one, I will be looking for a performance which will reflect a solid commitment from all the team and a definite statement that they are behind the new manager. A repeat performance as seen against Peterborough will suggest the opposite.
  • Options
    Not sure me thinking we're going to get humped at the Den has any baring on the result. In the same way me be being old and shit at football has...