Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zurich - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Belgrade Away day Train Trip Help ?

A typical Charlton away trip for New Year . Train across the Alps and Balkans. Have packed Rug , Thermos , Walking Cane etc .
Just need some help on places to see in each City , Area or places to keep away from !!
Have trips to Lake Bled and Zeljava underground air base sorted so any help would be much appreciated to help fill two weeks break.

Comments

• Options
    Pen and Pad for jotting down the train numbers? ;)
  • Options
    Thats so old school have an app for that now with GPS link tag
  • Options

Thats so old school have an app for that now with GPS link tag

• Options
    Ljubljana Zoo is surprisingly good for Eastern European, if that's your sort of thing. It's in a pretty, rural location too. Taxis there & back are cheap.

Zagreb doesn't have much to do but it's a nice place to walk. It reminded me a bit of Italy, lots of cafes and sitting by the street. I got dragged to a huge cemetery on the edge of town, that was fairly interesting.

That's quite a trip for football, I've not seen enough in Eastern Europe. I'm thinking of Gdansk in February though.
  • Options
    Belgrade is an extremely confusing city that's not very tourist friendly but a great place to visit if you don't mind getting lost. Public transport is also a bit of a nightmare.

Partizan and Red Start stadiums are practically next to each other though I didn't go in to either.

St Seva, old Street, the castle views over the confluence of the Danube and Sava and splats (boat bars) are all worth visiting. There's a lot of good, cheap restaurants too. Remnants of the NATO bombings are fairly strange to experience first hand but interesting.
  • Options
    Definitely visit the FIFA museum near Enge station in Zürich. You probably only need a couple of hours. Have a walk through the Old Town as well. How long are you in Zürich for?