Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Question..

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
You give players stick from the stands and on this message board. Plus other sites.

But how many of you would actually have the bollocks to go and tell to their faces?

Nobody would.

Comments

• Options
    A) I don't

b) (see @combles I did the little B thing!) I rarely do

C) I wouldn't have the balls.
  • Options
    Why not? They are not precious darling immune from criticism! They are playing shit and need to be told
  • Options

You give players stick from the stands and on this message board. Plus other sites.

But how many of you would actually have the bollocks to go and tell to their faces?

Nobody would.

I would, politely of course.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Why not? They are not precious darling immune from criticism! They are playing shit and need to be told

You are telling from the stands but it is different telling it to their faces.
  • Options

Nobody would.

Never assume
  • Options
    edited December 2016

cafckev said:

You are telling from the stands but it is different telling it to their faces.
    So a bit like when managers and players keep spouting the same "we're up for it" crap but then don't have the bollocks or the mental, physical or skilful ability to see it through? Seems a fair enough balance on both sides if you ask me.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Most fans have morals and manners and wouldn't go up to a player personally and give them shit , that's what the terraces are for . Despite our anger it's still only a game and there are far more important things in life.
  • Options

Nobody would.

What's your point? What's the point of this thread? If I saw some of our players today I would say to them that they weren't good enough and hopefully they would agree with me. So now we as paying fans are not allowed to criticise the players from the stands? Have you never said a bad word against one of our underperforming players?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought fans were meant to back the team and keep the abuse to forums/pubs? Obviously neither happen with us.
  • Options
    Yes not a problem
    Ive always told it how it is
    They know were they stand then
    If ive had a shit day at work ive never had a problem being told so
    but deep down i know i had but one things for sure every day i give 100%
    Tonight our shower of shite gave 10% and i wouldnt have a problem telling any of them so
  • Options

Nobody would.

That's not how it works though is it.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I did once, to Stuart Balmer away at Southend. He was very nice and apologised for such a turgid perfomance.

Anymore little teasers like this from you?

I did a similar thing after the daggers defeat and BWP and Christian Daily apologised and said they had called for a players meeting the next day to talk about it
  • Options
    Be more than happy to tell them. Problem is apart from Jacko and maybe Phillips doubt they even give a sh@t.
  • Options

Nobody would.

What's your point? What's the point of this thread? If I saw some of our players today I would say to them that they weren't good enough and hopefully they would agree with me. So now we as paying fans are not allowed to criticise the players from the stands? Have you never said a bad word against one of our underperforming players?
    No I am not saying don't critisise from the stand. I am saying would you do it to their faces? Most would bottle it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nobody would.

under platforms
    Trains on the brains

• Options

Yes not a problem
    Tonight our shower of shite gave 10% and i wouldnt have a problem telling any of them so

Easier said than done.
  • Options

Yes not a problem

Easier said than done.
  • Options

Nobody would.

Only in a calm and constructive manner.
  • Options
    Like most footballers today.....up there own back sides.....I would like to invite the Charlton so called players, to attend a night in an Eltham pub tomorrow night, to have the piss taken out of them, like I will get from the scum....they have no pride.....they can all fuck off
  • Options

Nobody would.

No I am not saying don't critisise from the stand. I am saying would you do it to their faces? Most would bottle it.
    Backtracking from "nobody" to "most" already?

Well played.
  • Options
    1967CAFC said:

Like most footballers today.....up there own back sides.....I would like to invite the Charlton so called players, to attend a night in an Eltham pub tomorrow night, to have the piss taken out of them, like I will get from the scum....they have no pride.....they can all fuck off

tell them it's the Park Tavern and then take them to the Rising Sun at the last minute. That'll learn em.
  • Options
    1967CAFC said:

You would not have the bollocks to tell to their faces you would freeze.
  • Options

Nobody would.

Nobody?
    After tonight's match I would imagine the truth is completely the opposite of what you might think.
  • Options
    I'd probably put it more politely to their faces, not that I ever f-and-blind at players anyway, but would have no problem telling *insert player name* "I'm sure you're a nice bloke etc., but you need to start doing 'x, y & z' better"

Wouldn't just say "*insert player name* - you're shit". But mass constructive criticism from the stands is a bit tricky.