Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans ARE stupid!

Honestly embarrassed to be a CAFC supporter tonight. We all bang on about how offended we are that RD called us stupid. Yet we start witch hunts for every new manager we get after several weeks in charge (whilst always saying we need stability). Thus falling into what RD expects of us!

We've shown our stupidity since RD arrived, by hating ever manager and calling for this instability ourselves. Which RD delivers for us kindly. Then we moan (quite rightly so) after he fulfils the sacking of the manager we have. We finally get proven managers at this level and give them a handfull of games to instantly fix the shit heap that our club has become.

Yes RD is a twat, but most of you are singing the same tune as him, cycle through managers and blame them as the reason for poor results. We all agree that we aren't going to progress under RD, yet we still manage to pass the blame to others involved?

We need to support our manager and all the players except that prick Johnson.

Comments

• Options
    There We Are Then
  • Options

Haven't seen anyone call for KR to be sacked.

Just would be good if he didn't talk as much shit before games.

Have you not seen this http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76114/worst-ever-charlton-manager/p1
  • Options

Or after.
  • Options

Have you not seen this http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76114/worst-ever-charlton-manager/p1
    Have amended my post.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I hadn't seen anyone call for KR to be sacked.

C'mon Leeds be fair he's a Scouser :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Honestly embarrassed to be a CAFC supporter tonight. We all bang on about how offended we are that RD called us stupid. Yet we start witch hunts for every new manager we get after several weeks in charge (whilst always saying we need stability). Thus falling into what RD expects of us!

We've shown our stupidity since RD arrived, by hating ever manager and calling for this instability ourselves. Which RD delivers for us kindly. Then we moan (quite rightly so) after he fulfils the sacking of the manager we have. We finally get proven managers at this level and give them a handfull of games to instantly fix the shit heap that our club has become.

Yes RD is a twat, but most of you are singing the same tune as him, cycle through managers and blame them as the reason for poor results. We all agree that we aren't going to progress under RD, yet we still manage to pass the blame to others involved?

You know what mate, you're right. Can't believe I never realised it before. It's all the fans fault. Every fan. Collectively.

Genius.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

i.e *“The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Thing is he ain't gonna come in and say "I took this job despite the utterly bewilderingly shite owner and the mental CEO because I need the money to buy more car rims as mine get stolen whenever I visit my family back in Liverpool" is he?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I hadn't seen anyone call for KR to be sacked.

C'mon Leeds be fair he's a Scouser :wink:
    Even for a Scouser, he's full of an unbelievable amount of shit.
  • Options
    You have to focus on the dreadful performance tonight Shrew. It was truly awful. Fans will always say get rid of Robinson after that, based purely on being (quite rightly) pissed off.

How many would still think that a few days later might well be different.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Oakster said:

i.e *“The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Thing is he ain't gonna come in and say "I took this job despite the utterly bewilderingly shite owner and the mental CEO because I need the money to buy more car rims as mine get stolen whenever I visit my family back in Liverpool" is he?
    no but reading back through some of the stuff he has spouted - he is full of shit - it comes across as disrespectful to the overwhelming numbers within our fanbase who hate this regime with a passion. Maybe he needs some PR training on how not to alienate your customer base...

“I met the owner Roland – we were three-and-a-half hours sat in a hotel in Paris chatting away, talking about different things. I think he saw how single-minded I was, how driven I was. I said I wanted to meet Katrien that night. I want to meet them. They have to meet me.

“She met me about quarter to 11 at The Valley. We got here [the training ground] about half 12. I thought ‘I’ve put them out a little bit here, am I pushing my luck a little bit?’

“Everything I asked of them – yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. It was quite infectious really. It’s that, coupled with my excitement before meeting them and then coming to the game and watching them play Saturday.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Think Robinson came in & spouted off a bit too much *pro-regime stuff too quickly - not a wise move. So far he hasn't shown the intelligence to keep shut about the obviously fractious situation off the pitch, get his head down & concentrate on results.

If you poke a wasp's nest you're gonna get stung.

Agreed. I haven't seen many call for KR to be sacked. Fans are understandably annoyed at his unnecessary amount of public praise for Roland and Katrien, and annoyed after a humiliating derby defeat which makes him only the second manager since 1980 not to win any of his first five games. But expressing frustration on here and at the final whistle for the above isn't the same as calling for him to be sacked.

The OP accuses fans of playing into the hands of Roland by "starting witch hunts for every new manager we get after several weeks", but if anything, he's playing into the hands of the regime by rewriting history to suggest supporters weren't behind KR's predecessors. They got behind Riga, they got behind Peeters, they got behind Luzon, they got behind Riga again and they got behind Slade. Fraeye was the only one not to be backed, for obvious reasons. Fan backing (or lack of, as is alleged) is not the reason for the many managerial failures we have witnessed under Roland.
  • Options
    And he heard that story, where the owner went round to a managers house after a loss to console him....guess RD is on the eurostar as we speak Karl
  • Options
    Off_it said:

You know what mate, you're right. Can't believe I never realised it before. It's all the fans fault. Every fan. Collectively.

Genius.
    Yep, that's exactly what I said, everything is our fault. Well done at reading and understanding what I posted, really appreciate it.

Genius.
  • Options
    Not my fault your post is bollocks mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OP. I think your wrong.

The whole thing is just pure misery. No one witch hunts the managers, it's just frustration. People wanted to give Slade and Robbo a chance.
    Where a big club in league one though. We should be getting results! The ambition, stated by Meire is that we need promotion at the earliest opportunity. This is obviously the earliest opportunity.
    KR got people's hopes up. He talks a talk.
    He also openly backed the regime a bit unnecessarily over the top when he hadn't even spent a week working for them. That was an own goal.
    I bet he feels differently about them now!

If everything was based on 1st impression, the women of babestation would be rulers of the free world - bit of a weird analogy but clear enough.

I do understand what your trying to say, and it's partly true.

The fans were 100% behind Riga when we stayed up in 13/14 though.

For some weird reason, they didn't keep him on. Bit of an arrogant move in my opinion.
    I don't think the regime gives a crap what the fans think about anything.

The managers mostly eventually look shit because the regime IS shit. You can always tell it's just that particular one game where everything falls apart, and the head coach/manager fields a side that simply do not look up for any fight whatsoever.

Sometimes the managers are simply "just shit" and the regime is also still just shit.

It's hard to tell the good ones from the bad ones. If that is the case.

They are doomed to failure regardless.

We could employ every manager on earth.

Very few would be what we consider "a success" under the employment of Roland and the toxic nature attached to the club that he brings as part of the package.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

OP. I think your wrong.

The whole thing is just pure misery. No one witch hunts the managers, it's just frustration. People wanted to give Slade and Robbo a chance.
    Where a big club in league one though. We should be getting results! The ambition, stated by Meire is that we need promotion at the earliest opportunity. This is obviously the earliest opportunity.
    He also openly backed the regime a bit unnecessarily over the top when he hadn't even spent a week working for them. That was an own goal.

If everything was based on 1st impression, the women of babestation would be rulers of the free world - bit of a weird analogy but clear enough.

For some weird reason, they didn't keep him on. Bit of an arrogant move in my opinion.

The managers mostly eventually look shit because the regime IS shit. You can always tell it's just that particular one game where everything falls apart, and the head coach/manager fields a side that simply do not look up for any fight whatsoever.

Sometimes the managers are simply "just shit" and the regime is also still just shit.

Very few would be what we consider "a success" under the employment of Roland and the toxic nature attached to the club that he brings as part of the package.

Not me Dave - I thought then & i am more convinced than ever now, that alongside Fraeye/Driesen etc he was deeply involved in the behind the scenes backstabbing & "advice" that saw Powell leave & him land a nice little job managing at Championship level that he wasn't remotely qualified for

Riga has never had an ounce of support from me.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Dave2l said:

OP. I think your wrong.

Not me Dave - I thought then & i am more convinced than ever now, that alongside Fraeye/Driesen etc he was deeply involved in the behind the scenes backstabbing & "advice" that saw Powell leave & him land a nice little job managing at Championship level that he wasn't remotely qualified for

Riga has never had an ounce of support from me.
    Fair enough. Your probably right.

The general opinion at the time though was that Riga should stay on.

Why change? Unnecessary.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Oakster said:

Perhaps he should have batted away questions relating to the board. "I cannot change the past but I can plan for the future", that line may have been more sensible.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

OP. I think your wrong.

Good post.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    SE7toSG3 said:

There We Are Then

Very subtle. I instantly feel less stupid getting that!
  • Options
    Whilst I think most fans want to give Robinson time, it's always at the back of the mind that he will not be here long anyway, because nobody is. It's hard to give your full backing to someone you know will be gone in a matter of months.

I want Robinson to do well, but he will not be given the time and players to be able to.
  • Options
    Poor old @Desperate_Pete has gone back to giving out abuse flags for reminding people that Fraeye claimed he was co-ordinating the network.

It's Christmas, have a week off and stop living up to your name.
  • Options

Poor old @Desperate_Pete has gone back to giving out abuse flags for reminding people that Fraeye claimed he was co-ordinating the network.

It's Christmas, have a week off and stop living up to your name.

Surprised it's still there actually although I suspect not for long as our moderators apparently think that it is okay to say a fellow poster is lying (aka pretending in your vocabulary). A poster who goes on and on and on about one line attributed to a employee of the regime but which in no way described what his role actually became. KF was not co-ordinating the network but was part of it (there were several coaches involved with the regime and a certain Thomas Driesen you may remember) and more pertinently he had no input regarding Charlton other than when he was here as coach. But you still keep banging out the same line dear Henry for some odd reason.
    I am not desperate but would dearly love for you to stop annoying me with your silly posts (hence the flag from me to you).
    Merry Christmas to you too.....