Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlos Tevez worlds highest paid player

2»

Comments

• Options

Made his debut today as his side Shanghai Shenhua (managed by Gus Poyet) were promptly knocked out of the Asian champions league in the qualifying round.

615k well spent by them this week then!

The sad thing is that in the time since this thread started he's earned more than most of us will in our lifetimes
  • Options
    Beaten by the mighty Brisbane Roar, who are a good side but largely made of up of thirty somethings, and good young players.

As I know others on here do, I watch a lot of A-League football and would say that the Brisbane Roar would be about mid-level League One at best, which gives you some idea of the level that all of these superstars are playing at in China!

No wonder they are all so keen to get over there, and take the dosh!
  • Options

Beaten by the mighty Brisbane Roar, who are a good side but largely made of up of thirty somethings, and good young players.

As I know others on here do, I watch a lot of A-League football and would say that the Brisbane Roar would be about mid-level League One at best, which gives you some idea of the level that all of these superstars are playing at in China!

No wonder they are all so keen to get over there, and take the dosh!

Agreed. Playing against a league one defence and earning more money than you can imagine. Kind of a dream as a striker. A bit like being a player at Barcelona when you play some of the disastrous teams in their league, but even more so.

Lots of goals, lots of (local) glory, but most importantly, lots of dosh.
  • Options
    I feel Ricky somehow missed an opportunity.
  • Options

Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has described his spell in the Chinese Super League as a "holiday".

The 33-year-old, who joined Shanghai Shenhua in December 2016, returned to boyhood club Boca Juniors this month.

Tevez, who was reportedly one of the highest paid players in the world, scored four goals in 16 games and was widely criticised while in China.

In an interview with Argentine TV, he joked: "It's fine because I was on vacation for seven months."

He said: "When I landed in China, I wanted to return to Boca."

Sure the chinese will be delighted to hear that he treated it as a holiday whilst earning about 600k a week! But then again what do they expect when they throw stupid sums of money at these guys. It's not as if any young player grows up dreaming of playing in China!

It's taking the piss, but they should have spent the money better if they cared about it that much.
  • Options

Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has described his spell in the Chinese Super League as a "holiday".

The 33-year-old, who joined Shanghai Shenhua in December 2016, returned to boyhood club Boca Juniors this month.

Tevez, who was reportedly one of the highest paid players in the world, scored four goals in 16 games and was widely criticised while in China.

In an interview with Argentine TV, he joked: "It's fine because I was on vacation for seven months."

Sure the chinese will be delighted to hear that he treated it as a holiday whilst earning about 600k a week! But then again what do they expect when they throw stupid sums of money at these guys. It's not as if any young player grows up dreaming of playing in China!

im sure I read he was missing games through "injury" then being snapped at theme parks with his family going on all the rides while the games were being played
    Yeah he missed a game through injury but instead of going to at least watch the game, he went to Shanghai Disneyland
  • Options

im sure I read he was missing games through "injury" then being snapped at theme parks with his family going on all the rides while the games were being played
    With the money he was on he should have paid the park to not let anyone else in.
  • Options
    Tevez has a crap attitude, but it's not his fault how much he was paid. We'd all jump at the chance to earn that kind of money for an easy ride.

The insane amount of money being thrown around in football is the problem, not Tevez.