Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#ModernFootball

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but apparently the little darlings on the Palace subs bench today had hot water bottles brought out to them in the second half.

Arsenal, apparently, didn't need them as they have heated seats in their dugout.

And you lot moan about the flasks and blankets in the west stand.

Comments

• Options
    To me, what's wrong about modern football is the fact that a club like Arsenal can put heated seats in the home dugout but not the away. It's not like the wankers can't afford it.
  • Options
    That's just old school football. I'm sure it was Nelson's book he talked about freezing away dressing rooms with no hot water, and a teapot that was overly sugared
  • Options

To me, what's wrong about modern football is the fact that a club like Arsenal can put heated seats in the home dugout but not the away. It's not like the wankers can't afford it.

oldest trick in the game .. make the opposition as uncomfortable as possible ... no hot water in a cramped dressing room, loud music to distract the oppos etc. etc. .. every possible ruse to gain an advantage, preferably tricks that are not TOOOO obvious
  • Options

Aren't there ten showers in the away dressing room at The Valley?
  • Options
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. I reckon pumping Wenger would be more productive meself
  • Options

oldest trick in the game .. make the opposition as uncomfortable as possible ... no hot water in a cramped dressing room, loud music to distract the oppos etc. etc. .. every possible ruse to gain an advantage, preferably tricks that are not TOOOO obvious
    Appreciate it's always gone on but cuntish for a club like Arsenal to stoop to that level.
  • Options

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I reckon pumping Wenger would be more productive meself

Filth!
  • Options

Could cut this out overnight. Let the away side choose which dressing room they want and whch dug out they want. Soon find both were made identical
  • Options

Appreciate it's always gone on but cuntish for a club like Arsenal to stoop to that level.
    maybe .. but it makes good sense .. these boys play for BIG stakes, every little advantage helps .. be interesting to do a 'heated seats survey' and to see which clubs are silly enough to make the away dugout as comfortable as the home one
  • Options
    Well I think it fuckin shtinks and Arsenal should be deducted 37 points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever happened to players 'warming up'?
  • Options

Has goonerhater taken over @i_b_b_o_r_g account?
  • Options
    I've got no problem at all with hot water bottles, gloves, snoods, nasal plasters or anything else that would bring a bit of comfort to the players. I'm not sure where this austerity is good view comes from (the George Osborne school of coaching I expect), but if I was a manager I'd be looking for any little marginal gain that would make things easier for my team.

I draw the line at coloured boots though. There's no possible reason for this other than making a fast buck out of sponsorship deals. Plimsols all they way!
  • Options

Has goonerhater taken over @i_b_b_o_r_g account?
    Was born with a dislike of Arsenal, compounded when I had a few seasons going over Spurs in my early teens. Now hate both of em
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Where has this hate come from? I always thought you liked a bit of Arse?
  • Options
    Heated seats are wierd. It feels like you have pissed yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    We have positioned the away dugout further from the halfway line than ours. I have often wondered how you can get away with that.
  • Options
    Lets face it it's not going to be an issue for us in the next few years or so. Roland Out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

A sensation many of our fans have experienced, with plastic seats...
  • Options
    Daisy has fucked up AGAIN!!!!

You're meant to make THE VISITORS uncomfortable... comprende?
  • Options
    But we stick the oppo bench in front of the Lino allowing them to get in his ear all game. Schoolboy error that in my opinion.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Aren't there ten showers in the away dressing room at The Valley?
    You only need a shower if you've managed to break a sweat and it's been years since a visiting goalie has come close to breaking a sweat at the Valley.
  • Options
    Went on a tour round Valencia's ground a few years ago and the away dressing rooms were luxurious compared to the home. The guide said it was Benetiz's idea as he reckoned it made the away team complacent. Doesn't seemed to have worked in the last few years though.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

perhaps Arsenal are missing the heated seating, an inducement to piss or not .. a t m .. Bournemouth 2 v Arsenal 0 ... still a long way to go though