Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any irish Addicks

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
just wondering any irishhmen on this site if so where from

Comments

• Options
    there was a guy on Netaddicks a few years ago - Hugh?? - don't know if he is on here
  • Options
    Mr Weegie is from Belfast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Mr Weegie is from Belfast.

does he have an accent?? its the best accent that! i will have to talk to him for sure!
  • Options
    i'm from Co. Kilkenny, came over in my teens. Don't know a Hugh i'm afraid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Mr Weegie is from Belfast.

does he have an accent?? its the best accent that! i will have to talk to him for sure!

It's got a bit watered down from years living elsewhere - but do try to get him to say 'Power shower'...
  • Options
    My mum was Irish. Born in Dublin. Most of that side of the family are either Dublin or Cork. More in Cork now.
    And I go to Waterford allot with work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]i'm from Co. Kilkenny, came over in my teens. Don't know a Hugh i'm afraid.

Mart77,

My Great Grandad was from Ireland, do you know him?
  • Options
    parents (dublin/galway).
  • Options
    I know your grandad well, he lives on the high street, over the hill and far away!
  • Options
    i am ginger but not irish! (or even scottish for that matter!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lots of plastics on here dmjn.

parents belfast/tipperary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I know your grandad well, he lives on the high street, over the hill and far away!

Top of the Morning Martin
  • Options
    greetings and good morning Spencer.
  • Options
    im the only charlton fan in my town (that made it sound very rural)
  • Options
    A lot of us on here with Irish decent...Mum and Dad both from Dublin. There is a large pocket of Irish in Charlton. The Charlton catholic club on Charlton Road attached to Our Lady Of Grace Church was full of Irish Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Dad was from Leitrim, mun is from Roscommon.
  • Options
    parents both from Co. Cavan (no jokes about meaness please)

but def not plastic, am very proud of my irishness & just as proud of my englishness, as can be seen by my St George Cross roof on my car!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]parents both from Co. Cavan (no jokes about meaness please)
    Whereabouts in Cavan? My grandad was from there, and there's a fair number of extended family still in the area.
  • Options
    My Mum Bailieboro, my Dad Virginia.

Yours???
  • Options
    Coote Hill (or is it Cootehill? References seem to vary)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mum's family was from Cootehill (thats the way they always told us it was) & we still have family there.

We have family all over Cavan, Bailiejamesduff included, always thought that was a great name!

Jeez, we're as good as related, welcome to the Killer Clan x
  • Options
    KBslittlesis, i went to Bailieboro about 10 years ago and had a great time drinking in a few of the pubs but The Green Lizard??? was the best. However i didn't take me long to realise why it's called bandit country when i walked into the wrong pub. Lovely people and a group of us stayed in the old convent. it was a great laugh seeing all the boys who'd never been without central heating in their lives.
  • Options
    Mart, the Green Lizard it is!

It's a strange ol' town with more pubs in one street than your average Irish town & thats after a fair few closing over the years. Our families regular watering hole was Clarke's which is now no more, they decided to concentrate on their habadashery & funeral business which made them more money & was attached to the pub???!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dmjn[/cite]just wondering any irishhmen on this site if so where from

Not Irish but my ma and pa now live in Co. Kerry...on the Just Giving site as the self-proclaimed Gneeveguilla Addicks Supporters!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]My mum's family was from Cootehill (thats the way they always told us it was) & we still have family there.

We have family all over Cavan, Bailiejamesduff included, always thought that was a great name!

Jeez, we're as good as related, welcome to the Killer Clan x
    :-) Thanks. I shall now bask in the reflected glory of KB's wonder goal then!