Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup Third Round

Man City running up at Cricket score at the taxpayers stadium. 4-0 after 50 mins!

Comments

• I wonder if this is a game that WHU flood newham residents with the promised freebies.
    Great value if so.
  • Stig said:

FA Cup Third Round. Never heard of it. What's that all about then?

Apparently we forgot to ✅ the opt in box. ;)
  • Aint karma a bitch?!
  • Settle a bet. When's the last time we didn't play a 3rd round game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Settle a bet. When's the last time we didn't play a 3rd round game?

2010 after Northwich Victoria?
  • Man Utd v Reading on BT. Typical unimaginative choice by one of the TV companies, targetting TV ratings and catering for advertisers who welcome the exposure to the millions of Plastic Mancs.

However, it's also Yann Kermorgant v Smalling / Rojo. Should be interesting to see how he goes against a couple of international Centre Backs.
  • Wish we were involved today
  • Surely Liverpool v Plymouth is even more pointless? Hard to think of a less riveting fixture involving a Premier League team if you tried. Even stranger is BT sport showing the Peterborough v Notts County replay in preference to ours because the winner would play Chelsea, and then not bothering to actually broadcast Chelsea v Peterborough at all. Fucking twats.
  • edited January 2017
    Well that looks like United v Reading over after 15 minutes
  • se9addick said:

Well that looks like United v Reading over after 15 minutes

No Callum Harriott, no chance...
  • se9addick said:

Wish we were involved today

Don't we all, though I think a little break might do us some good this time. Roll on the next match...
  • se9addick said:

I doubt the crowds would have reflected that though...(unless we were playing someone big of course)
  • se9addick said:

Don't we all, though I think a little break might do us some good this time. Roll on the next match...
    Really ? I would have thought we would want to capitalise on the momentum of that fantastic second half against Bristol Rovers, 12 day break before a game against that lot is the last thing we need.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Really ? I would have thought we would want to capitalise on the momentum of that fantastic second half against Bristol Rovers, 12 day break before a game against that lot is the last thing we need.
    For the first half against Bristol rovers I thought we didn't look like a team. The second half benefitted from a combination of a great goal & poor defending and the game changed. We need a break for some team building, especially with the changes in playing personnel, and that is something that happens off the field.
  • Kermorgant subbed after 77 mins, but did ok. Won a few headers, linked up well when dropping off, but had little service and support. Smalling marked him and always looked comfortable.

Sunday League goal conceded by Reading for Uniteds 4th. Al Habsi swung at the ball with his right foot, but connected with his left and Rashford ran the ball into an empty net.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Man City running up at Cricket score at the taxpayers stadium. 4-0 after 50 mins!

More like a tennis score.
  • se9addick said:

Wish I was at Rochdale today
  • clb74 said:

se9addick said:

Wish I was at Rochdale today
    You'd be pretty lonely, they're playing away.
  • Bit of luck they go to replay and win
  • edited January 2017
    Have train tickets for Bolton away booked up so am in the odd position of not being completely, totally devastated if Palace win today.
  • LenGlover said:

Settle a bet. When's the last time we didn't play a 3rd round game?

2010 after Northwich Victoria?
    Northwich Victoria, just about sums it up perfectly for me. 51 years of supporting Charlton and I've never seen us progress beyond the quarter finals in the FA CUP or the League cup.
    The magic of the cup pfft
  • se9addick said:

Have train tickets for Bolton away booked up so am in the odd position of not being completely, totally devastated if Palace win today.

Little legs will buy your train ticket if Bolton win