Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich v Lincoln

Anyone else on here going to the Big Game today?

Comments

• Options
    Elfsborg probably
  • Options
    @Lincsaddick maybe?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Lincs is still in a barney about what a boycott is
  • Options
    @Boom id guess
  • Options
    and I'm also guessing it has Liverpool St / Shoreditch on return wrote all over it :-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    you really need to get a grip on English geography ((:>) .. Ipswich is a LOT further from me than it is from London .. I live near Grimsby .. Lincoln is 40 miles to the south west of me .. I very occasionally go to watch Lincoln City, more often, though not at all regularly, I go to Scunthorpe, Rotherham or to the Sheffield Clubs to watch games .. . why on earth would you think that I would do a 300 mile round trip to watch a game that is only of middling interest to me ?
    .. although incidentally (last boring comment), my old dad was an Ipswich fan.. during their famous (or forgotten ?) league title win in the very early 60s, he took me to all their :London games and a few at Portman Road .. Ray Crawford and Ted Phillips were childhood heroes of mine

Anyway me ol @Off_it .. IF you are going .. enjoy .. Lincoln are playing good stuff, are top of the National and could well upset the tractor boys who are bang in indifferent form .. ((:>)
  • Options
    U

and I'm also guessing it has Liverpool St / Shoreditch on return wrote all over it :-)

How very dare you!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Off_it said:
    you really need to get a grip on English geography ((:>) .. Ipswich is a LOT further from me than it is from London .. I live near Grimsby .. Lincoln is 40 miles to the south west of me .. I very occasionally go to watch Lincoln City, more often, though not at all regularly, I go to Scunthorpe, Rotherham or to the Sheffield Clubs to watch games .. . why on earth would you think that I would do a 300 mile round trip to watch a game that is only of middling interest to me ?
    .. although incidentally (last boring comment), my old dad was an Ipswich fan.. during their famous (or forgotten ?) league title win in the very early 60s, he took me to all their :London games and a few at Portman Road .. Ray Crawford and Ted Phillips were childhood heroes of mine

Anyway me ol @Off_it .. IF you are going .. enjoy .. Lincoln are playing good stuff, are top of the National and could well upset the tractor boys who are bang in indifferent form .. ((:>)
    What, steady on! My geography is fine mate. I just thought that as you lived in the county you might know a fan and might be going to the game with said fan. That's what i'm doing.

No big deal. Happy New Year.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

What, steady on! My geography is fine mate. I just thought that as you lived in the county you might know a fan and might be going to the game with said fan. That's what in doing.

No big deal. Happy New Year.
    and to you mate.. enjoy .. and keep up with the map reading ((:>) .. (round here Lincoln and Scunthorpe fans are about as popular as herpes)

Afterthought .. Lincoln has a player with the most glorious name in English football .. Luke Waterfall .. and no, he's not a native American ((:>) just a tough central defender
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Funny enough, I've played against Luke Waterfall @Lincsaddick , he played in a cracking junior side that also had Mark Rivers who played for Crewe and Paul Lake of Man City fame's son, who was very skill full but fairly slow.

I tried to take Luke out good and proper but got absolutely nowhere near him!! Manager had a right go at me at half time. Can still remember him saying 'oi AFKA, don't go chasing Waterfall. Please stick to the Rivers and the Lake like you used to'

hahahahahaha .. name that song .. but you know that time and tide wait for no man and Still Waters Run Deep down by the Rivers of Babylon
  • Options
    Come on you imps!!!!!!

Ps Ipswich is shit.
  • Options

Funny enough, I've played against Luke Waterfall @Lincsaddick , he played in a cracking junior side that also had Mark Rivers who played for Crewe and Paul Lake of Man City fame's son, who was very skill full but fairly slow.

I tried to take Luke out good and proper but got absolutely nowhere near him!! Manager had a right go at me at half time. Can still remember him saying 'oi AFKA, don't go chasing Waterfall. Please stick to the Rivers and the Lake like you used to'

• Options

Off_it said:

Thing is lincs you might of lived in spalding which is a lot further south so would of been a bit easier for you to get to
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    clb74 said:

Off_it said:

Thing is lincs you might of lived in spalding which is a lot further south so would of been a bit easier for you to get to
    @Off_it is an old sparring partner .. I'm pretty sure he has a rough idea where I live
  • Options
    Sorry mate, I don't.

Anyway, game off now
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Sorry mate, I don't.

Anyway, game off now

And if you know your geography it's enough to make
  • Options
    Lincoln 1 up
  • Options
    0-1 Lincoln
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 1
  • Options
    Theo Robinson scored for Lincoln.

I would say he's worth a punt having played 100+ Championship level games but apparently he was released by Port Vale in the summer.

Was always a good buy in Football Manager if you needed a pacey poacher as well.
  • Options
    Anyone want updates?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Anyone want updates?

always thought that Theo Robinson could be real player, always flattered to deceive .. see he's scored again .. how's he doing (could do a turn for CAFC) ?
  • Options

Theo Robinson scored for Lincoln.

I would say he's worth a punt having played 100+ Championship level games but apparently he was released by Port Vale in the summer.

Was always a good buy in Football Manager if you needed a pacey poacher as well.

we agree
  • Options
    Half time. Beers see fosters and Ipa. Disappointing.
  • Options
    Theo, Theo !!
  • Options
    Dambusters
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Bastard Tractor Boys. Let me down for a five game accumulator.
    I could have been a millionaire. Well £15 towards it anyway :-(
  • Options
    sounds like a good one .. I am not surprised that the Imps got 1/2 a result .. I've seen Theo R play for a few clubs .. one of those pacey ones who always looks threatening, without looking dangerous if yer know wot I meen .. he's27 now .. now or never time

hope you enjoyed it @Off_it