Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Would say send this to our owners... It can be proof to show how unique (Yes I know) English fans are to any fan from anywhere else in the world - The issue will surely be though is if ever our Manager is fined, we'll get a video from the owners saying: Cough Up!!
  • Options
    He couldn't wait to snatch them 20s.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38548124

Brazilian businessman Diego Lemos bought the club in September, but has not been in the country since November.

Two directors resigned last month but following a board meeting, the club released a statement saying they were "united in their resolve to find solutions to the many problems facing Morecambe Football Club as a direct result of Mr Lemos' continuing absence and his failure to deliver promised funding".

Great gesture from the Morecambe supporters. However, yet another club that is now suffering as a direct consequence of an unscrupulous owner. How many more clubs are going to be mismanaged down the league or have their future put in jeopardy by the Football League's total failure to provide any governance whatsoever over who is allowed to own a football club and how they run it?!

From a very brief scan through the top 4 divisions, I make it 18 clubs that are either currently or have recently been the subject of mismanagement as a direct consequence of the FA or EFL allowing a dodgy owner through the door. Have included Birmingham and Wolves in that list - you could argue that the jury is still out for their owners although I suspect many of their supporters are concerned about the future - as well as the obvious ones like ourselves, Coventry, Orient, Leeds, etc.

Time for a coordinated approach from the various Supporters organisations - this is going to get worse rather than better unless the Fit and Proper Test is replaced with something that actually works.