Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Money Supermarket adverts

Anyone else thinking this is all going a bit far now? A bit like all that meerkat shite.

(And no, it hasn't made me remember the brand because I just had to wait for the end of the advert to see who it was so I could post it on here!)

Comments

• Options
    Mind you, the following two adverts were for incontinence pads and a treatment for bacterial vaginosis, so maybe it isn't that bad after all .....
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Mind you, the following two adverts were for incontinence pads and a treatment for bacterial vaginosis, so maybe it isn't that bad after all .....

What channel are you on?
  • Options
    ITV

Not even one of them ropey cable channels. A ropey mainstream channel.
  • Options
    Right on cue, fucking meerkats now.
  • Options
    The Meerkat thing has longevity though, they bring out new toys every so often which have a high demand (always sell mine on ebay). Money supermarket ads are just fucking annoying.
  • Options
    Wife just said "these money supermarket adverts are really getting on my nerves". They've always annoyed me.
  • Options
    toss up between these embarrassments .. (seems to me that the ads are appealing to cross dressers and ugly fat feckers) and 'ard geeza Winstone pushing free six foive .. and 'e always gambles responsibbbbley ..

whatever happened to the Bisto Kids and shake n Vac ?
  • Options
    Awful ads, they really make me cringe.
  • Options
    I really really hate the builders/strutters thing. And all the James Corden adverts, whoever they are for but that's just because he's a gobby twat. Don't mind the meerkats as much, but it's probably mainly because the guy who voices them is Michael the Geordie in Alan Partridge so I like him.

The argument is it makes you remember and talk about them, like we are now, but in reality there comes a point where you annoy people so much they consciously decide NOT to use your service, I won't use the annoying ones.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I really really hate the builders/strutters thing. And all the James Corden adverts, whoever they are for but that's just because he's a gobby twat. Don't mind the meerkats as much, but it's probably mainly because the guy who voices them is Michael the Geordie in Alan Partridge so I like him.

The argument is it makes you remember and talk about them, like we are now, but in reality there comes a point where you annoy people so much they consciously decide NOT to use your service, I won't use the annoying ones.

Is that the blueprint for Katrien at Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

And I thought I was alone :-)
  • Options
    The current 'rivalry' ads make my teeth itch.

Not even remotely entertaining.

Whilst realising these dancing pricks get paid for what they're doing, I still wouldn't for fear of being ridiculed by my friends and family for the rest of my life.
  • Options
    They're as bad as the old Confused.com ads
  • Options
    I can cope with any of the above.
    It's the ones from banks and loan sharks saying, 'We're on your side. We're here for you' that have me shouting obscenities at the tv.
  • Options
    And the APR is 12,345%
  • Options
    bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38672439

Money Supermarket takes three of the top four spots in the "most complained about" ads league table.
  • Options
    Where does "Go Compare" feature in that list - they're another fecking annoying one!
  • Options
    That Karl Robinson look alike in a burger van os Millwall with some blonde bint called Carly for a betting company winds me up as well. What a load of bollox
  • Options
    Best, financial related, ad at the moment is the Aviva one with David Coulthard as the disguised mad cabbie. Youtube clip if you haven't seen it here.