Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C.A.R.D.

So, what has happened to CARD. It's gone awfully quiet.

Comments

• Options
    Planning something?
  • Options
    Meanwhile, people find other stuff to do on a Saturday.
  • Options
    They know a takeover is imminent.
  • Options
    It's probably a tough one, last years the protests were very large and visually impressive because they attracted hundreds (possibly thousands). However as attendances have gone off a cliff and thus fewer people are in attendance any protests this season are going to look weaker in comparison, which would undermine the objective.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It's probably a tough one, last years the protests were very large and visually impressive because they attracted hundreds (possibly thousands). However as attendances have gone off a cliff and thus fewer people are in attendance any protests this season are going to look weaker in comparison, which would undermine the objective.

Taking the protests to Belgium seems the most effective route. Roland certainly has been hopping about since his birthday was spoiled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not really a war though, is it?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yes.
  • Options
    If it's a war, people get to feel extra important
  • Options
    se9addick said:

That depends upon the level of importance that you attach to supporting Charlton.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

without a doubt yes
  • Options
    edited January 2017

se9addick said:

Not really, no it isn't. And I doubt anyone would take the terminology literally.

But correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the stupid terminology our PR-prepped CEO used on national radio though, wasn't it?
    The stupid terminology 'war' along with 'civil war' was being bandied about on here long before it was referred to as such by that woman, who added, '...If you can call it that.'
    Of course it isn't a war: It's just people doing something we don't like.

• Options

se9addick said:

That depends upon the level of importance that you attach to supporting Charlton.
    Quite a lot as it goes. Not as much as I would attach to a "war" however.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Not really, no it isn't. And I doubt anyone would take the terminology literally.

But correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the stupid terminology our PR-prepped CEO used on national radio though, wasn't it?
    Why on earth would we perpetuate anything that idiot says ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

The analogy is relevant in that it's important to take a long term view of the campaign against the regime. It will take as long as it takes. There will be times when attack is appropriate and others when it isn't. That could go on for years and we have to be ready for that. When the end comes I think it will come quickly, but in the meantime there will be ebbs and flows.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It is what it is.

Nothing would be better then to get Meire and Roland out.

Unless he dies or whatever, Roland out, is in Roland's hands.

It's even harder to get a narcissist to do something like sell a football club on the back of a damaged ego.

He said he doesn't give in to blackmail.

He doesn't want to be told what to do.

The football itself....maybe it's improving, maybe there's a little momentum in the dressing room and perhaps a fresh outlook going into the next games.

I'm absolutely not convinced by Karl Robinson in the slightest. A bit of time COULD prove otherwise.
    Don't count on it is all I'm saying.

Getting to know the network part 3 will be interesting.

I hope it puts the knife in and twists it in a way that absolutely humiliates Roland.

He locks himself in his shed and sells every club he has.
    Giving life to those clubs once more.

Katrien probably ends up signing on at eltham job centre
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Well the liar said they are at war with supporters so I guess they're not ?
  • Options
    At present it's more like the phoney war of 1939.......we're simply playing a waiting game for the real action to start!
  • Options
    Wait for the start of next month and how the land lies then. Things will pick up imo.
  • Options

At present it's more like the phoney war of 1939.......we're simply playing a waiting game for the real action to start!

I was waiting for the first specific WW2 reference !
  • Options
    Robbo said he was going to splash some cash. If he does not get anyone in better than he has so far then both he and us will know that nothing has changed.
  • Options
    Loose lips sink ships