Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lads trip to Berlin - Tips

2»

Comments

• Options
    IAIA
    edited January 2017
    the elk said:

would definately recommend going to a union game but you might find it hard getting a ticket this late in the day.

When I went, I paid at the gate. I think it's only difficult to get tickets for local derbies and St Pauli.

From what I recall, it was train to Kopernick, then follow locals through a forest and the ground is in there somewhere. Definitely recommend
  • Options
    there not having a bad season and they have just signed sebastian polter from qpr. but yes your right kopenick
  • Options

The DDR Museum is definitely worth a visit too.

Don't agree about cabs (except maybe after midnight). Berlin has U bahn, S Bahn and trams covering the city. Cheap, with all day tickets, and an app which sells the tickets electronically. S Bahn runs above ground and is an atmospheric part of the city.

This. The DDR Museum is cracking, and the public transport out there is really decent.

Just to add, there's a really nice (and strangely scenic) area near some of the old berlin wall, along the water. I relaxed along there with a few drinks and some other tourists I met in a bar.

It's a lovely city, I was out there with a mate back in June. We did museums and sightseeing during the day, then drinking during the evening.. which usually ended in the early morning. We were out there for the Germany vs Italy match in the Euros, and quickly got swept up in the football fever too. Genuinely decent and friendly people out there.

Every night we ended up with a completely new group; an Indian couple visiting one night, a few expats the next and a lad from Peckham who moved over on another night.

Strangely, on the final night I think my mate got a nosh off a bird from Erith who lives at the end of his road. I think that was whilst I was having a drinking competition with some local lass.
  • Options
    When I went, I went to see Hertha play 'a German Team'. Was brilliant. Atmosphere was different class and tickets are dirt cheap! Definitely so that.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    If you're going clubbing try and get some girls with you. Bouncers can be really up themselves when it comes to getting into clubs. I really wouldn't bother with Bergain it's notoriously difficult to get in, if you love you're techno and don't mind getting turned away as long as your with your mates in the queue it won't be too much of a kick in the teeth I guess! Get some characters in the queue saw one couple absolutely stark naked were well into their 50s and another bloke on his own in a mankini trying to get in. Best club we went to was called Tresor got quite a few levels and an underground bit if I remember and had no trouble getting in...another good club was called suicide something...may have been circus. Clubs there are great and open for days sometimes think we fell out of one at about 10:30am. We were 9 pretty rowdy 18 year olds so if we got in places you'll have no bother just don't be an idiot in the queue

Best food there was a place called burgermeister - must go one of the best burgers I had. Curry 36 is great too for a currywurst and this place not too far from there called yousufs gemüse I think! Which means vegetables, a veggie kebab but oh my god it's out of this world! Most of the kebabs there are quality too. You'll love it just getting lost walking round the city is really fun to do and you'll stumble upon some quirky little places there with quality street art! I'm not an arty type butnwas really impressed!

Enjoy mate and try out those food spots!

Edit: not read the thread so sorry if the places have been mentioned already, burger Meister is a must!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Everyone I know that's been Berlin says it's amazing and makes London England look like a joke.

Have a good weekend.

London is the best city in the world - FACT
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Everyone I know that's been Berlin says it's amazing and makes London England look like a joke.

Have a good weekend.

When are you moving back, then?

• Options
    Potsdam is an interesting day out but probably not this time of year. Also if you are not familiar with the city get the tourist bus ticket and travel around for the day to get orientated.
  • Options
    The Ramones museum is meant to be good but never been.

No one I know who has been says it's better than London though, how could it be?
  • Options
    Potsdamer platz if you like shopping. Bus tours are a must as you can hop on and off for 12 euros. Hitlers bunkers are great. Checkpoint charlie museum is great but theres not much left of the post. Zoo is superb as is the aquarium atrtached to irrt. Travel is cheap burt donrrt forget to stamp your tickets prior to the start of your journey, always travel with tickets as the inspecrtorrrs arre in plain clod hes and will piss your day off, even if you forget to stamp.

I went with the mrs you will have more fun, bars tend to liven up later in the evening, so don't get pissed too early as you will miss out.

Brandenburg gate and inter der linden road are great also.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dave2l said:

Have a good weekend.

Why should I move back there?
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Have a good weekend.

Why should I move back there?
    Because you said its the best city in the world, it is (I suppose) your home city, and you will soon be able to live there free of the oppression of the EU.

Oh and you can watch Charlton