Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leyton Orient Club Statement {...}

2»

Comments

• Options
    EFL statement on Orient, including comments on the owners and directors test.

http://mobile.efl.com//news/article/2016/efl-statement-leyton-orient-3691375.aspx
  • Options
    Scoham said:

EFL statement on Orient, including comments on the owners and directors test.

http://mobile.efl.com//news/article/2016/efl-statement-leyton-orient-3691375.aspx

It's good to see The EFL doing something like this, making a statement of support, it is rare. But a positive sign.

Although, essentially what this owners and directors test shows is that they only look at eligibility and can do nothing once these idiots own the club, unless a breach of regulations to sort clubs out from owners who destroy our clubs.

What a sad and sorry state of affairs football has become.
  • Options
    That statement from the EFL is a bit of a hand-washing exercise. Pretty much says that there are certain regulations they could enforce on the directors but now they've been relegated to the National League it's someone else's problem.
    Not impressive.
  • Options
    bit late for leyton orient, fuck the efl
  • Options
    So they say that the fit and proper person test is just to see if they are dodgy but has nothing to do with them being able to run a football club, that makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    The worrying thing is arent the National League even more inept than the Football League?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The worrying thing is arent the National League even more inept than the Football League?

Everyone involved with running the game in this country is. From the very bottom to the top, pretty much the reason so many of clubs are struggling under shit owners, why we are struggling for good managers and coaches and why the national team has failed for so many years. Unfortunately they have no one to answer to, the majority of clubs have no interest in challenging them and similar with fans. There needs to be a revolution unfortunately there just didn't seem to be the appetite for it.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Everyone involved with running the game in this country is. From the very bottom to the top, pretty much the reason so many of clubs are struggling under shit owners, why we are struggling for good managers and coaches and why the national team has failed for so many years. Unfortunately they have no one to answer to, the majority of clubs have no interest in challenging them and similar with fans. There needs to be a revolution unfortunately there just didn't seem to be the appetite for it.
    Think someone mentioned this on here recently but I think the issue partly goes back to Euro 2000.

Both England and Germany were in the same Group... Germany finished bottom and as a result of that instantly reformed the whole of German Football from top to bottom and this was a German team that had won Euro '96 four years earlier and had reached the Quarter-Finals of the World Cup in France just two years before so basically they could have said "Oh well; Euro 2000 was just a bad Tournament, lets just move on" but they didnt and just look at them now.

England on the other hand came second bottom in that Group (our only result was a win against Germany) and since then have done nothing in terms of reform, just the same tired excuses and practices being played out after every Tournament failure!!
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Think someone mentioned this on here recently but I think the issue partly goes back to Euro 2000.

Both England and Germany were in the same Group... Germany finished bottom and as a result of that instantly reformed the whole of German Football from top to bottom and this was a German team that had won Euro '96 four years earlier and had reached the Quarter-Finals of the World Cup in France just two years before so basically they could have said "Oh well; Euro 2000 was just a bad Tournament, lets just move on" but they didnt and just look at them now.

England on the other hand came second bottom in that Group (our only result was a win against Germany) and since then have done nothing in terms of reform, just the same tired excuses and practices being played out after every Tournament failure!!
    Yes, because this country is all about those in power holding onto power whether they deserve to or not.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The authorities are quick off the mark when it comes to clubs fielding "weakened" teams in the cups for "impugning the integrity of the competition".

However, here we have owners with absolutely no regard for the biggest competition of the season...the league itself...and they do nothing. You even have owners like Roland saying that he isn't worried about results ffs!! If that isn't bringing the competition into disrepute, what is?? That's the trigger for them to get off their backsides and do something. And if they feel the regulations don't allow that then, as @cafcfan says, change the bloody things! It ain't that difficult!!

The trigger should also be an owner loading a club with debt.
  • Options
    I think the ultimate answer is to take on the German Model where an owner of all Football Clubs in England is only allowed to own 49% of the club - The other 51% is owned by Fan Membership.

*If I've got that right

How the Premier League and Football League enforce that though... Have no idea
  • Options

I think the ultimate answer is to take on the German Model where an owner of all Football Clubs in England is only allowed to own 49% of the club - The other 51% is owned by Fan Membership.

*If I've got that right

Well, Duchatelet has a stake in FC Carl Zeiss Jena and according to @PragueAddick is doing his best to get around that rule.
  • Options

*If I've got that right

Well, Duchatelet has a stake in FC Carl Zeiss Jena and according to @PragueAddick is doing his best to get around that rule.
    RB Leipzig rather easily got around the rules as well didnt they... One of those excuses was to charge stupid high prices for Fan Membership compared to other clubs (?) but wouldn't one rule to stop that just be a limit on how much ownership can be?
  • Options
    I see they have a, Sandro Semedo playing for them. Wondering if it's Jose's son?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I see they have a, Sandro Semedo playing for them. Wondering if it's Jose's son?

He's 20... Whereas Jose Semedo is 32... ;)
  • Options
    the EFL/Prem/Nat League, whatever, should demand a bond from any potential owner, say up from £1,000,000 .. then any joker who fucks off leaving bills and unpaid wages behind will not get away with everything
  • Options
    Maybe they should introduce a "Fit and Proper Person" regulations to anyone wanting a job in the EFL and the FA.Start by having a clear out of the current bunch of clowns and start again with proper football people who actually understand the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

*If I've got that right

Not a terrible idea, but in practice teams can easily get around it. I think last time I read about RB Leipzig the 51% 'fans' share was held by about 15 people - mostly all employees of Red Bull.
  • Options

*If I've got that right

Not a terrible idea, but in practice teams can easily get around it. I think last time I read about RB Leipzig the 51% 'fans' share was held by about 15 people - mostly all employees of Red Bull.
    "Easily", is a bit unfair. You are right about RBL. However they receive dogs abuse at every away game they play. The only other club that has subverted the rule is Hoffenheim, while Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are basically modern versions of the 'works team". The member system is under pressure, for sure, but is strenuously protected by the mass of fans.

Any German fan will point out that there have been no examples of clubs going into admininstration, no examples of owners like Oystons, Celino, etc. Duchatelet himself has been kept in check by the system. RB cannot be described as a bad owner, by the fans of the club itself (although who these fans are, is another question).

Perhaps most importantly, TV money is divvied up in a far more fair way, by the DFB, and not the Bundesliga itself. Most of the clubs vote for that, because they are owned by their members. When we were in the FAPL, Richard Murray tried his best to argue for a fairer share out to avoid the financial chaos of relegation, but only about 3-4 other clubs voted with him. The reason is easy enough to understand. The other 16 individuals (for that is what the other owners were) wanted to keep the money for themselves. In Germany the votes would be cast on behalf of members, who, RBL aside, are activist fans.

• Options
    The part of the statement from the EFL that seem to confuse me was this:

"It is important that supporters understand that the Test governs the eligibility of who is able to own a club - it does not also ensure that those individuals have the capability to manage it properly."

Then what is the point in having that test? I know its so it fits in with their regulations etc. but the regulations should be designed for the purpose that the owner is likely to be able to manage it properly.
  • Options
    I really hope they pull throught and stay in business and can still at least compete in the Conference.