Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brandon Hanlan goes on a 1 month loan to Bromley

edited January 2017 in General Charlton
So Magennis is out for 4-6 weeks. Novak has had a knee injury & has been unfit nearly all season. Ajose wasn't in the squad last week. The only other forward who has played this season is Hanlan. So if Novak doesn't start tomorrow & Ajose is still out, does anyone want to play up front tomorrow by themself ?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brandon-hanlan-bromley-loan-3529208.aspx

Comments

• Options
    on the transfer thread
  • Options
    Not sure there's much between Hanlan, KAG and Umerah. I think it comes down to Slade rating Hanlan better and Robinson preferring the other two.

Similar with Aribo, Luzon rated Charles-Cook (and Kennedy) but he's not really played for the first team since.

RD won't mind as it bumps up our academy debutants. KM then gets to talk about us having "the 7th most productive academy in the country" or whatever it was.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Not sure there's much between Hanlan, KAG and Umerah. I think it comes down to Slade rating Hanlan better and Robinson preferring the other two.

Similar with Aribo, Luzon rated Charles-Cook (and Kennedy) but he's not really played for the first team since.

RD won't mind as it bumps up our academy debutants. KM then gets to talk about us having "the 7th most productive academy in the country" or whatever it was.

I'd like to see all three go out on loan for experience. We would obviously need players coming in the other way but all three need games. KAG must be in the last chance saloon and needs to prove he can step up in a way that matches his attitude, whilst the other two just need 1st team games
  • Options
    His game was postponed as well yesterday!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Scoham said:

I'd like to see all three go out on loan for experience. We would obviously need players coming in the other way but all three need games. KAG must be in the last chance saloon and needs to prove he can step up in a way that matches his attitude, whilst the other two just need 1st team games
    KAG was on loan at Cambridge but wasn't pulling up any trees and I think they sent him back early.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Scoham said:

The problem now is that unless they go for half a season (with no ability to recall), the only short term loans available are to the National League, which may not suit all young players
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Kap10 said:

Scoham said:

KAG was on loan at Cambridge but wasn't pulling up any trees and I think they sent him back early.
    I don't know if they sent him back early, I think it was just a very short loan (like a month).
  • Options
    Fair enough, not sure what a player can do in a month, probably takes them that long to get used to the team and style of play.
  • Options

Brilliant today, but with the context that the bottom quarter of the National League is absolutely atrocious.

Quicker, stronger, just all round better than the Southport defence and fully deserved his two goals and the significant contribution to the other.

Hoping he can stay longer than the month because I can see both parties getting value.

Two parties? Excellent, keeeeep dancing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst it's obviously good for him to get games, if he's been in and around our squad then i don't really see why he needs to go as low as a bottom half conference side. Would've liked to have him in league 2 at somewhere like Barnet or Colchester.
  • Options

Whilst it's obviously good for him to get games, if he's been in and around our squad then i don't really see why he needs to go as low as a bottom half conference side. Would've liked to have him in league 2 at somewhere like Barnet or Colchester.

I personally don't think he's ready for league two. He's talented but very raw. I've seen him play a few games and the game vs Cheltenham at the start of the season springs to mind - he wasn't too clever out of possession and in possession his decision making was poor. A loan at Bromley will help him develop that mental side of the game as the quality will be lower than that of Barnet (obviously). But that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    I think you'll find that with the emergency loan system being withdrawn this season players can't be loaned to League Two clubs on a short term basis.
  • Options
    Roly and his boy wonder will be updating their spreadsheet today adding another zero on to his transfer fee!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Does Sho Silva still play for Bromley?
  • Options
    Hope he's got some shoulders to get that on his shirt.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Does Sho Silva still play for Bromley?

He does. You need to use his full name though Len.

Oluwatobi Fabian Shobowale Akintunde Sho-Silva
    "Give us a O"
    That would take 90 mins to get through!
  • Options

That'd be a step up from Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently recalled for today
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Apparently recalled for today

He'll now spend a month sitting on the bench, wondering why he couldn't carry on playing at Bromley.

• Options
    Seems a stupid decision TBH. He's only going to sit on the bench and was clearly doing well at Bromley. Haven't we got Umerah to fill the bench warmer role?
  • Options
    A good and necessary move in my view. We need him available to us. Now get Umerah back, Kilmarnock aren't playing him.
  • Options
    Don't see why we would recall Hanlan or Umerah. Not with an obviously fully fit and goalscoring "you Watt Watt Watt" in our side anyway.
  • Options
    They are probably thinking we are close to mid table safety / obscurity. An opportunity to play even more kids as the season winds down.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

They are probably thinking we are close to mid table safety / obscurity. An opportunity to play even more kids as the season winds down.

Josh is injured, Novak will lead the line - Hanlon is cover for Novak without altering the team shape.

My take, anyway.

• Options
    Good. We need striker cover, and he's the only loanee we can recall. He's looked a handful whenever I've seen him
  • Options
    Looks like he is on the bench at least.

• Options
    Lots of stuff going on at Bromley at the moment off the field. He's done well enough to deserve a chance to show what he can do.