Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leaving the EU. Is it the right thing to do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    More joy for the windbags...
  • Options
    I echo Louis mendez's comments

If you voted Leave you are:
    A racist, anti immigrant madman who has no intelligence, doesn't have a degree and works in some useless manual job where you have no intellectual conversations. You were born in a ditch and you'll die in one.

If you voted remain:
    You are deeply intelligent and incredibly passionate about all things good. You never have a bad thing to say to anyone (other than racist brexiteers) and stroke rabbits to sleep in the evenings after your public sector jobs where you contribute massively to your local communities.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with stroking rabbits.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I echo Louis mendez's comments

If you voted Leave you are:
    A racist, anti immigrant madman who has no intelligence, doesn't have a degree and works in some useless manual job where you have no intellectual conversations. You were born in a ditch and you'll die in one.

If you voted remain:
    You are deeply intelligent and incredibly passionate about all things good. You never have a bad thing to say to anyone (other than racist brexiteers) and stroke rabbits to sleep in the evenings after your public sector jobs where you contribute massively to your local communities.

Brilliant summary, but you forgot to add that Brexiteers all have micro-penises that could barely satisfy a hamster whilst we remainers are hung like Shergar and can go at it all night.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Unless you live in or near Clacton (in which case, condolences) your MP is almost certainly someone elected on a manifesto clearly opposed to a hard Brexit. LibDem and Labour MPs were clear that they were against leaving. And the Conservatives included, within their manifesto, a pledge to remain in the single market.

It will be interesting to see which MPs vote against the pledges on which they were elected.

In reality I think it will be a pretty comfortable vote for Brexit regardless.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Chizz said:

Unless you live in or near Clacton (in which case, condolences) your MP is almost certainly someone elected on a manifesto clearly opposed to a hard Brexit. LibDem and Labour MPs were clear that they were against leaving. And the Conservatives included, within their manifesto, a pledge to remain in the single market.

It will be interesting to see which MPs vote against the pledges on which they were elected.

In reality I think it will be a pretty comfortable vote for Brexit regardless.
    I agree. I just wonder what the vote would be if all MPs did what they're supposed to do, which is to vote in the best interests of the country.
  • Options
    Answer is Yes
  • Options
    Can't believe people are still discussing this bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was looking forward to retiring in Portugal @ 67 I guess I won't ever get to retire at all now.
  • Options
    pickwick said:

I was looking forward to retiring in Portugal @ 67 I guess I won't ever get to retire at all now.

Damn straight you won't. All prosperity has gone now. Our trade with Bulgaria was the only thing keeping this country afloat.
  • Options
    There are only 80 or so Conservative MPs who think it is in the best interest of the country. Shame Cameron did not set the % at binding referenda levels which would have meant 75% for to be acted on.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Ironically today's development was actually something well worth debating and hearing how both remainers and leavers took to the news.

See your point but For every page 'well worth reading' on the brexit thread there was at least 20 pages of complete nonsense. That's why it had to be closed.

Oh no!

I had 6.4k posts waiting to be read.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

cabbles said:

Ironically today's development was actually something well worth debating and hearing how both remainers and leavers took to the news.

See your point but For every page 'well worth reading' on the brexit thread there was at least 20 pages of complete nonsense. That's why it had to be closed.

Oh no!

I had 6.4k posts waiting to be read.

Means you've missed out on 320 good ones then !
  • Options
    Go your own way!!
    Knew that thread title sounded familiar :smile:
  • Options
    Chizz said:

This is, I think, the reason why it was essential for the matter to be discussed in parliament.
  • Options
    "By allowing those with the time and facilities to make an informed decision make the choice that best serves their careers".

it'll just be a different group of people making decisions in our name who we can vote out"

Just showing a possible different perspective.

Heard Lord Peter Hain on the radio saying he would vote against Article 50 because he was certain people would be worse off. When challenged how he could be certain he waffled along until admitting he knew there was a risk of people being worse off.

I didn't need much time and facilities to reach the same conclusion as he did. It's politics, politics, politics and bullshit, not informed decisions I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Lot of Labour MPs up North voted to remain,
    but their constituents voted overwhelming to leave,
    (some 75%). How does Parliament having a say help?

By allowing those with the time and facilities to make an informed decision make the choice.

Of course though it's a particularly interesting question that you raise, given that one of the most common reasons stated for voting out was 'to regain our sovereignty'. The reality is though that 99.99% of us won't have any more sovereignty at all after brexit. Ordinary people aren't going to have any more say in the way things are done; it'll just be a different group of people making decisions in our name.
    Ordinary people had a massive say in what is to be done last June. The decision to leave was taken against the very people who you say run things. How this is not a reason to celebrate democracy as exercised by ordinary people I will never understand. Particularly as in the same breath you bemoan the lack of power of ordinary people. You are suggesting that a group of MPs should have more say than them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What gets me is that there are people with such complete faith in May that they want her to execute this highly complex task that has never been performed before, unchecked by our elected parliament. Seems a bit weird (meaning unique).