Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Goodbye RIP Gorden Kaye

edited January 2017 in General Charlton
Allo Allo, an 80's classic?
He also survived a car accident 3-years after the 1987 Hurricane that I remember being newsworthy at the time, bless him and his flashing knobs and knakwursts....

Edit: Corrected as per @Chizz below

Comments

• Options
    RIP Gordon
  • Options
    I honestly thought he was already dead. RIP.
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    This is a shock! Loved Allo'Allo "you stupid woman" great line delivered brilliantly! Sad news! RIP Gordon, comedy legend
  • Options
    RIP Rene
  • Options
    I thought he was dead too. RIP
  • Options

He very nearly was dead, following the accident that @Fumbluff mentioned (although it was in 1990, not the great storm of 87). He suffered a near fatal brain injury which required emergency surgery.

And this won't be the only place on the internet where his name is spelled wrong. (For example, The Independent has currently got it wrong and the Express often has in the past). It's actually Gorden.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he was nearly killed by a branch falling into his motor, leaving him with that Mars bar on his head.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. Though as he so almost died in 1990, guess he at least got another 26 years. R.I.P. Gorden.
  • Options
    RIP Gorden, a very funny man.

Ironically I watched a program yesterday which included Arthur Bostrom, the French Policeman in the series.
  • Options
    Never got into Allo Allo first time around. Watched it all more recently and it's a real hoot. Cheesy, cliched, stereotyped and actually very grown up.

Gordon Kaye was brilliant in it. RIP Rene.
  • Options

RIP Gorden, a very funny man.

Ironically I watched a program yesterday which included Arsene Venger, the French Policeman in the series.

• Options
    Met him at a comedy night in Belfast in 85. A real gentleman.
  • Options
    I was in Blackpool the day he made his return to the stage, in a version of the show, and the flowers outside the theatre to welcome him back were beautiful and there were so many bouquets, it looked like a florists. He was much loved.
  • Options

I was in Blackpool the day he made his return to the stage, in a version of the show, and the flowers outside the theatre to welcome him back were beautiful and there were so many bouquets, it looked like a florists. He was much loved.

Nice story Hants.

I loved Allo Allo, for about 2 years, during the late 1980's, my eldest son Ben used to mimic the French Policeman all the time.
  • Options
    Listen carefully I will say this only once ! Played the role of Renee in a way no one else could. RIP
  • Options
    Leads me back to when Eltham Station was being built in 85, with 'Good Moaning Karen Bysouth' written on some black wood fence.

Even though it wasn't him, it was an amusing show and GK was very good in it.

RIP Rrrrrreeeennneeee

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd love how in Allo Allo he was in the arms of a woman about 30 years younger than his wife (because he and his wife haven't had any sex in that time) and then his wife comes in shouting his name and he goes "You stupid woman!" because he is annoyed she has caught him and think it's wrong she should catch him.
  • Options
    Sad news - a comedy I remember well in my youth. RIP
  • Options
    Sad news indeed. RIP Gorden - thank you for making me laugh so much x
  • Options
    Well I'm glad he got more time than I thought he'd got. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Gordon Kaye. As others have mentioned he was very nearly killed by a tree or branch falling on his car. Always love Allo Allo. When television was at it's non pc best!
  • Options
    I knew about the accident but I still thought he had died a couple of years ago. Walk indoors and the wife said she thought he'd died a couple of years ago.

Great character actor, RIP
  • Options

I knew about the accident but I still thought he had died a couple of years ago. Walk indoors and the wife said she thought he'd died a couple of years ago.

This is what is known as the Mandela Effect.

Have a look on YouTube about it, it's very interesting.
  • Options
    Quite liked allo allo RIP Gordon.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP