Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Asset of Community Value

I've seen that Forest's supporters trust have applied to have the city ground registered as an asset of community value, meaning they would have first refusal to purchase the stadium if it were ever to be sold.

Is that something the trust could ever do with the valley?

Comments

• Options
    Er, haven't they already done this! Read the Trust website to confirm...
  • Options
    There is already an ACV in place on the Valley
  • Options

I've seen that Forest's supporters trust have applied to have the city ground registered as an asset of community value, meaning they would have first refusal to purchase the stadium if it were ever to be sold.

AS others have said the Trust have already done this.

It doesn't give them first refusal to purchase the Valley however.
  • Options
    Thanks, didn't realise had already been done
  • Options
    Very much the project of @se9addick .

I expect he is going to make Makro car park an ACV next.
  • Options

The ACV means that if the owner of the Valley intended to sell the Valley they would first have to advise the Supporters Trust before the sale went through (I remember there being a time frame - three or six months advance notice of sale I believe). The ACV would give us time and opportunity to organise ourselves but it wouldn't stop the owner of the Valley selling to whomever they please for how ever much they like.

Interestingly when we registered the ACV a few years ago the club actually supported us doing so - if Roland is still in charge when we need to renew the ACV status in a couple of years I wonder if his regime would be so supportive.
  • Options

There is already an ACV in place on the Red Bull Valley

• Options
    edited January 2017
    And only if it's sold separately from the club (if that's not obvious). I believe the former director loans are also secured on the freehold of the ground which might also present an obstacle to its sale. Probably the biggest value of acv is symbolic, but that can have value, its granting also sets a precedent for other grounds, and of course for renewal in principal at least.

Personally I'd like to see some far stronger form of heritage status particularly for historic grounds like the Valley.