Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Jo Warne.

The original actress who played Peggy Mitchell has passed away. Once I looked her up on Google I recognised her straight away. RIP

Comments

• Blimey, that's an obscure one!
  • Yes I know what you mean Neil, I posted more out of "what might have been" than what she was. Still sad for anyone though.
  • It's hit us all hard.
  • I'm sure a Charlton athletic message board is the first place her friends would look for messages of condolence
  • Sorry for her loss and all that but all I see on here these days are RIP's.

Could we not have an RIP section?

I agree with this . Any death is sad for the family but I can't see how posting an RIP on a football message board makes anyone feel hugely better
  • Cant agree with that wmcf123 as i posted an RIP thread for my Dad who passed away last Sunday and it certainly helped me as did all the messages it recieved
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps a celebrity RIP thread and business as usual for family, CAFC affiliates etc.?
  • As I wrote, I didn't expect a stream of condolences for a barely known actress. It was more to do with an iconic character then made famous by someone else and what might have been for her.

In the case of better known popular figures, such as the lady who made the role in question famous, many people feel "close" to them as fans and admirers of their work. Expressing public condolences can make you feel better, and does absolutely no harm to anyone else at all. If you don't care, that's fine, just don't read the thread. The letters RIP make the subject pretty clear after all.

And it's not an RIP thread on a horse, after all... :wink:
  • Cant agree with that wmcf123 as i posted an RIP thread for my Dad who passed away last Sunday and it certainly helped me as did all the messages it recieved

And I have sincere sympathy for you and through you, he was part of the Charlton family. An ex Eastenders actress has nothing to do with any of us , I imagine
  • wmcf123 said:

I'm sure a Charlton athletic message board is the first place her friends would look for messages of condolence

The kop remembers

We did, but it died.
  • wmcf123 said:

Cant agree with that wmcf123 as i posted an RIP thread for my Dad who passed away last Sunday and it certainly helped me as did all the messages it recieved

And I have sincere sympathy for you and through you, he was part of the Charlton family. An ex Eastenders actress has nothing to do with any of us , I imagine
    I refer you to the post I made just before this one.