Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Bolton Match thread 28/01/17

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:

Anyone know why Phillips isn't on the bench?

Foot injury, hope it's not too serious
  • Options

I see we line up in numerical order, that should tactically confuse the opposition.

Why can't it be put up in formation?
    It's no secret, is it? Robinson's already told the opposition.

• Options
    No striker on the pitch ? Can on,y hope for a 0-0
  • Options
    No defenders in subs???
  • Options

What's happened to Ulvestad?

Good spot, I missed that. I know he had trouble with his hamstring 2-3 weeks ago but you'd have to imagine he's worth a place ahead of The Skipper if fit.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Southbank said:

No defenders in subs???

Dijksteel and da silva in theory
  • Options
    Southbank said:

No defenders in subs???

Djiksteel (really, brilliant name) can play as a center back as well as a defensive midfielder. Last year he played mostly in midfield for the U21s but this year for U23s played a fair amount in central defense and I believe he played there a fair amount before joining us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

----------Rudd
    Solly - Bauer - Konsa - Page
    ------Aribo - Crofts
    Byrne ----- JFC ----Chicksen
    ----------Watt

Looks like that to me... Pretty strong team

Not the team positions that KR has said on his video, it would seem 4-3-3
  • Options

Anfernee Dijksteel is afforded a place on the bench ahead of Roger Johnson #cafc

Perhaps Relegation Roger has requested his contract be paid up - so he can go back to India.

Be sad to see him go, wouldn't it?

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Southbank said:

No defenders in subs???

Djiksteel (really, brilliant name) can play as a center back as well as a defensive midfielder. Last year he played mostly in midfield for the U21s but this year for U23s played a fair amount in central defense and I believe he played there a fair amount before joining us.
    Get him on if only for 5 minutes, then transfer worth will go up hopefully
  • Options
    What's happened to the guy from Burnley.

thought he was settling in and doing ok, doesn't KR like him or is he injured?
  • Options
    Another draw today, we then kick on again in February
  • Options
    Ulvestad should go back if he can't get in the 18 despite players out.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

limeygent said:

Anyone know why Phillips isn't on the bench?

Foot injury, hope it's not too serious
    Foot injury, or being sold in the window??
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Another draw today, we then kick on again in February

Yeah, I'd take that. Players are coming back into the team and into fitness. Touch wood another week and against Fleetwood Novak and Holmes will be fit to start. Josh will be a week closer and we'll have Tex back. All of a sudden we'll have some competition for places.
  • Options
    I thought Page was meant to be out for several weeks?

Worried about the lack of defensive cover on the bench. We seem to have an awful of potential left sided players as well, Page and Chicksen starting, DaSilva and Holmes on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Worried about the lack of defensive cover on the bench. We seem to have an awful of potential left sided players as well, Page and Chicksen starting, DaSilva and Holmes on the bench

It's the RD way. Having a balanced squad is "stupid".
  • Options

It's the RD way. Having a balanced squad is "stupid".
    I mean Holmes can play on the right. Byrne and Konsa can cover right back, and Solly starts there. Page, Chicksen, and DaSilva are left-sided. It's pretty equal.
  • Options
    Terry on Player saying they're surprised to see Paddy B in the team as he only started training again on Thursday.
  • Options

Terry on Player saying they're surprised to see Paddy B in the team as he only started training again on Thursday.

He's an efficient German machine.
  • Options
    New team every week.
  • Options
    Morning all from California. I predicted a draw but got a feeling we could nip this.

Thanks as always to RM and Seth.

COYR!!
  • Options

New team every week.

Great for confusing the opposition scouts and manager but unfortunately confusing for everyone else, including the team itself.
  • Options

Both him and Page I imagine have been rushed back. If Tex wasn't suspended, would Bauer have been risked?
  • Options
    The Bolton blokes have said Ginsters are sponsoring the game and there are pies available around the place.
  • Options
    Afternoon @seth plum thanks as always for the opposition view
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!