Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Many Clouds RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

My beer tasted just as nice as the one before thanks.

People who condemn the sport don't seem to realise what care, respect and love each and every horse gets. They are treated like kings, and as I have said before these creatures are bred for purpose, it's all they know, and trust me they love what they do, I had the privilege of being up close to some of these remarkable animals today, and no horse would ever be forced to run if something wasn't right with it before the race

Treated like Kings before and after races... Pushed cruelly beyond acceptable limits during.

Sorry if I don't trust you saying they love what they do. I have no evidence to challenge your statement, but I can't think of any creature that likes to be hurt whilst being pushed beyond it's physical limits.

The only a Horse is ever pulled out of a race it seems is for the rider's safety not the Horses.
    Well that's bollocks
    Actually, horses are pulled out of races if they are ill or injured. If a jockey isn't able to ride, guess what - a substitute jockey is found.
    Don't need to explain to the dickheads that jump on bandwagons
    And that's before we get to the festival !
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 I'm big enough for you to call me a dickhead it doesn't bother me lol, I own part of a racehorse who at present has not won for a while the reason being they say he has mental issues n won't push himself in a race. Most horse in mines distance lose 15kg a race, he is losing 8, he is not exceeding himself no matter how hard u try n push him, hence if they don't wanna race they won't.
  • Options
    I'm not calling anyone a dickhead :lol:

Now I know a bit about mental health, sadly though I know nothing about Horse mental health other than calming them!

Hope your horse can get back to a more normal mindset soon.
  • Options
    Don't agree with horse racing. Cruel.
  • Options
    I read that as Millie Clode, my favourite Sky sport news presenter.

Thank goodness
  • Options

Having been in and around stables, I am aware of the element of care. Looking after an animal is often an expensive business and, in the case of a thoroughbred racehorse, very much so. Yet, as I have written elsewhere on this topic, the industry itself is all about making money. The individual horse, with its mannerisms, character and particulars, becomes a money-making commodity, on which people place bets. In the all-out effort of competition, overwork and injury can be realised with dire result. Don't damn me with the Ignorant brush, @sam3110. I've been campaigning against horse racing - jump racing especially - for many years. I hope it's noted that I don't engage in personal insults. Regards, etc.

Pretty much every industry is about making money - horse racing is no exception and has never claimed to be.

However, as much as I disagree with your views, I respect your right to them.
  • Options
    Shame that a thread dedicated to the passing of a top class steeplechaser, has been hijacked by people who condemn horse racing.
    I think those posts should have been made on a separate thread. (Which would then have been closed down after a ding dong row !).

RIP Many Clouds.
  • Options
    Gotta laugh at those that think a huge animal is forced to run extremely hard and has zero choice. Anyone ever been round horses? They're temperamental and stubborn fuckers as well as easily spooked. I can tell you if they didn't want to race they'd make it extremely obvious. They love it, they're bred to love it. I do however not like jump racing because that is bordering on unnatural and dangerous. Flat racing is fine though.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Having been in and around stables, I am aware of the element of care. Looking after an animal is often an expensive business and, in the case of a thoroughbred racehorse, very much so. Yet, as I have written elsewhere on this topic, the industry itself is all about making money. The individual horse, with its mannerisms, character and particulars, becomes a money-making commodity, on which people place bets. In the all-out effort of competition, overwork and injury can be realised with dire result. Don't damn me with the Ignorant brush, @sam3110. I've been campaigning against horse racing - jump racing especially - for many years. I hope it's noted that I don't engage in personal insults. Regards, etc.

Pretty much every industry is about making money - horse racing is no exception and has never claimed to be.

However, as much as I disagree with your views, I respect your right to them.
    Agreed. @Anna_Kissed will always post on this kind of thread and does so with clarity, knowledge and passion.

I love my racing and thoroughly enjoyed the battle between many clouds and thistlecrack. Gutted with what happened post race, but it seemed to me that come what may, many clouds was not going to let the latest 'superstar' beat them and gave everything.

You continue responding on this type of thread @Anna_Kissed - it's a timely reminder to both pro and anti horse racing. You'll never stop racing, but you may just put enough pressure on for some minor changes that at least reduces the deaths at race meets.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to part own two race horses and have been to many meetings. Packed up about 18 years ago when I realised what a cruel, nasty INDUSTRY it really is.