Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford 18 February

2»

Comments

• Options
    I willing to give £100 to a charity of your choice if we get 19 points from 7 games, @sage.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sage said:

shirty5 said:

7 games this month. Make or break month.

14 pts minimum required from those 7 games

Fleetwood (H)
    AFC Wimbledon (A)
    Oldham (A)
    Rochdale (A)
    Oxford (H)
    Bury (H)
    Shrewsbury (A)

Those 14 pts must include 3 vs Fleetwood and budgeting for 1 vs Rochdale.

Would like to think this is very much achievable especially if Big Josh is available vs AFC Wimbledon
    The optimistic side of me says we should be getting 19 points, winning 6 and only drawing away at Rochdale.

That would leave us in a very strong position, 58 points in 34 games. Would probably need around 16 points from the remaining 12.

I know 35 points from 19 is an excellent return, and probably very unlikely considering we have got 39 from 27, but I believe we can do it.
    Just to explain how quickly things can change from a little run of form..

Rochdale were bottom without a win after 7 league games. Their next 6 they won them all, those six included, Bolton, Fleetwood, Charlton, Millwall, Southend and Bury. 5 of those 6 are direct opponents to them now. Those 18 points propelled them into 5th place and they have barely moved since. This means in Rochdale's last 20 league games, they have picked up 42 points, and interestingly, haven't drawn a game in that time...

I know I am being very optimistic with our fortunes, but it does show that if we can go on a little run of winning a few in a row, we will really put ourselves in contention, especially if we can keep most of the squad fit for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Sage said:

shirty5 said:

7 games this month. Make or break month.

14 pts minimum required from those 7 games

Fleetwood (H)
    AFC Wimbledon (A)
    Oldham (A)
    Rochdale (A)
    Oxford (H)
    Bury (H)
    Shrewsbury (A)

Those 14 pts must include 3 vs Fleetwood and budgeting for 1 vs Rochdale.

Would like to think this is very much achievable especially if Big Josh is available vs AFC Wimbledon
    The optimistic side of me says we should be getting 19 points, winning 6 and only drawing away at Rochdale.

That would leave us in a very strong position, 58 points in 34 games. Would probably need around 16 points from the remaining 12.

I know 35 points from 19 is an excellent return, and probably very unlikely considering we have got 39 from 27, but I believe we can do it.
    17 would be exceptional tbh. 15 more realistic.
  • Options

I willing to give £100 to a charity of your choice if we get 19 points from 7 games, @sage.

Anyone of Dementia UK, Alzheimer's Society Charity or Macmillan/Cancer Research UK.

Support all of those for personal reasons, but fire away if we do manage 19 points from 7 games. Very generous of you, even if it's out of doubting that we get 19 points.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sage said:

Anyone of Dementia UK, Alzheimer's Society Charity or Macmillan/Cancer Research UK.

Support all of those for personal reasons, but fire away if we do manage 19 points from 7 games. Very generous of you, even if it's out of doubting that we get 19 points.
    Looking forward to the six straight wins and having to cough up £100, @sage