Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Umerah- loan to Kilmarnock

Good luck to him , I think he will do well, however read the official news, it's priceless comedy gold from KR. He seems to think the Scottish premier is lower than league one for starters.......

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Our strikers so far this season: Watt unfit, Josh injured, Novak unfit ,Lookman, Ajose, Hanlan, Umerah, . Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    Good luck Josh!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Good luck to him , I think he will do well, however read the official news, it's priceless comedy gold from KR. He seems to think the Scottish premier is lower than league one for starters.......

Although what he actually said:

"Manager Karl Robinson said: “Josh had a number of different options but we felt the SPL and some of the clubs in it – Rangers, Celtic, Hearts – there are some big football clubs up there and he’ll be playing in front of some big crowds. To play for Charlton Athletic, you need to know how to cope with that."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-josh-umerah-loan-move-3548050.aspx#fIyGSCSWjI2906my.99
    His last sentence there is key..... What big crowds? Is he looking at a photo in the reception?
    With the recent loanee from Arsenal coming in, it kind of questions the logic to why he goes out? I get its a different environment, but to date, he has not really had chance. Could he for example have done any worse than the kid coming in - who is never going to play for Charlton beyond May.
    As I said I think Josh will do well, so good luck to him.
  • Options
    Why is a spanner posting this?
  • Options

Why is a spanner posting this?

I hate any manual work - thank you very much
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Although what he actually said:

"Manager Karl Robinson said: “Josh had a number of different options but we felt the SPL and some of the clubs in it – Rangers, Celtic, Hearts – there are some big football clubs up there and he’ll be playing in front of some big crowds. To play for Charlton Athletic, you need to know how to cope with that."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-josh-umerah-loan-move-3548050.aspx#fIyGSCSWjI2906my.99
    His last sentence there is key..... What big crowds? Is he looking at a photo in the reception?
    With the recent loanee from Arsenal coming in, it kind of questions the logic to why he goes out? I get its a different environment, but to date, he has not really had chance. Could he for example have done any worse than the kid coming in - who is never going to play for Charlton beyond May.
    As I said I think Josh will do well, so good luck to him.
    Mavdidi has played regularly for England youth teamss, so on that basis ought to be better
  • Options
    I can never work out if SJFC is Millwall, Charlton or both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can never work out if SJFC is Millwall, Charlton or both.

"Unique"
  • Options
    Killie have also signed Connor Salmon. It will restrict his chances but perhaps be good for his development because hold-up play is an area he lacks and Salmon is an expert, hope he learns in training.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Kilmarnock are strapped for cash and apart from the games against Rangers and Celtic play in front of home crowds of about 4 thousand. Josh Magennis will have at least doubled his money by joining Charlton.

The ever popular Lee Clark is not afraid to use youngsters and has just signed 3 Newcastle youngsters on loan as well as an 18 year old from Celtic. There are also 3 local lads aged 16 and 17 that have featured this season.

The overall standard in the SPL is probably lower League 1 / upper League 2 with the exception being Celtic and possibly Rangers.
  • Options
    Why would we loan him out if its a step up?
  • Options
    What a god forsaken place to be heading for in the middle of winter.....something of a culture shock too for young Josh.
    Can only describe his next few months as "character building"......ermmm good luck Josh!
  • Options
    I watched Josh on Monday and in my view this loan move (provided he gets game time) is a good thing for his development.
    I used to have a notion that Dillon Phillips would come through the melee of goalkeepers we has a year or two ago, with forwards it is harder, but I think there is something about Umerah.
    For me the issue with Umerah's playing style is finding his ideal position and playing partner(s), however overall he strikes me as a better prospect than Joe Piggott was at a similar stage of development.
    Good luck Josh, knock 'em dead och aye the noo.
  • Options
    Kilmarnock are a good family club, a bit like Charlton, and I think he'll do well there. The last London player they loaned was a LB from Chelsea, Gordon, who was very popular there, and after he didn't make it at Chelsea he went back because he liked it so much there.
  • Options
    Good move for him, I think he's one that could make it with us.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Kilmarnock are a good family club, a bit like Charlton, and I think he'll do well there. The last London player they loaned was a LB from Chelsea, Gordon, who was very popular there, and after he didn't make it at Chelsea he went back because he liked it so much there.

Is that so.
    Incidentally......I think describing us as 'a good family club' is somewhat wide of the mark don't you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is that so.
    Incidentally......I think describing us as 'a good family club' is somewhat wide of the mark don't you!
    It's just a blip!
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

Kilmarnock are strapped for cash and apart from the games against Rangers and Celtic play in front of home crowds of about 4 thousand. Josh Magennis will have at least doubled his money by joining Charlton.

The ever popular Lee Clark is not afraid to use youngsters and has just signed 3 Newcastle youngsters on loan as well as an 18 year old from Celtic. There are also 3 local lads aged 16 and 17 that have featured this season.

The overall standard in the SPL is probably lower League 1 / upper League 2 with the exception being Celtic and possibly Rangers.

Aberdeen are two points behind Rangers with a game in hand and we pumped Rangers 4-1 last night.
  • Options

DOC64 said:

Aberdeen are two points behind Rangers with a game in hand and we pumped Rangers 4-1 last night.
    Who's we?
  • Options

DOC64 said:

Who's we?
    Sorry, Hearts.

Not saying that you can include Aberdeen and Hearts with Celtic just that you can't include Rangers.
  • Options
    Kilmarnock recently sold their best player, Coulibaly for £800,000, so together with the sale of Magennis in the summer, that should mean opportunities for Umerah as they try to fill the gap up front. Scottish defences aren't that great, but Francis Jeffers played 14 games for Rangers without a single goal, so he'll need to work hard to take those opportunities if he wants to advance his career. We had another Youth player who went up to Kilmarnock 3 or 4 years ago, very fast striker, who didn't make it, can't remember his name, Donovan or something like it? And that Liverpool kid ended up there too, scoring something like 1 in 12 games.
  • Options
    Azeez is up at Partick, not sure where they have been playing him/how well he's been playing but he only has 1 goal in twenty odd games
  • Options

Kilmarnock recently sold their best player, Coulibaly for £800,000, so together with the sale of Magennis in the summer, that should mean opportunities for Umerah as they try to fill the gap up front. Scottish defences aren't that great, but Francis Jeffers played 14 games for Rangers without a single goal, so he'll need to work hard to take those opportunities if he wants to advance his career. We had another Youth player who went up to Kilmarnock 3 or 4 years ago, very fast striker, who didn't make it, can't remember his name, Donovan or something like it? And that Liverpool kid ended up there too, scoring something like 1 in 12 games.

Quite a step up for him really, this is someone who's only made 2 brief sub appearances for us in the league, so far less experienced than Hanlan or KAG for example
  • Options
    Rangers, Celtic, Hearts – there are some big football clubs up there and he’ll be playing in front of some big crowds. To play for Charlton Athletic, you need to know how to cope with that."

Karl, think you have been talking to Daisy to much. Try opening your eyes as much as your mouth and you might notice some large vacant areas at the Valley.
  • Options
    Umerah seems to have made 4 sub appearances for Killie, with none since the 18th of March, so it's not been a terribly successful loan for either party really