Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad List - 1st February 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Didn't we loan another playing to them?

I wonder what the connection is.

Hope it helps his development.
  • Options
    Konsa and Aribo,
    Konsa and Aribo
    Will fund the loss we make next year
    Through our incompetence

(Copyright Katrien Meire 4 Feb 2017)
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Why? Has Hackett-Fairchild signed a new 7 year deal?
  • Options
    League loans are until the next transfer window, but with the loans to non league clubs, are we able to recall them?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Why? Has Hackett-Fairchild signed a new 7 year deal?

Lots of comments about who's leaving or should leave.

Hackett-Fairchild being chased by Huddersfield
  • Options
    So if the contracts are all correct we have; Magennis, Ajose, Watt, Vetokele, Novak and Ahearne-Grant for next season as strikers.

With a decent ownership and management in place that would be a great striking line-up for League One. But in all likelihood everyone but Ahearne-Grant will be sold/released.
  • Options
    Is everyone sure that Kashi is still contracted to summer 2018? For some reason I was sure it was summer 2017.

Not that it matters much, we will probably never see him again and just be let go either way during the summer which is a shame as he would be class and perfect for what we would need next season.
  • Options
    http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-sign-ahmed-kashi-metz-2561136.aspx

3 according to the OS.

Been out for the best part of 2 years. Might not be the player he was. Would he even want to stay?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-sign-ahmed-kashi-metz-2561136.aspx

3 according to the OS.

Been out for the best part of 2 years. Might not be the player he was. Would he even want to stay?

I don't know that the English third tier is where I'd want to make my recovery from almost two years of injury. Lots of games played at pace, very physical, at times poor pitches.

Definitely has ability. Had things gone differently think he'd have been an absolute legend for us. For all the stick the regime gets for injuries, and rightly so most of the time, I'm just not sure much could be done about his. Achilles injuries are nasty, take time to heal, and risk breaking down again. I'm still a little unclear as to why he was allowed to come back at the end of last year and start pre-season before it was decided that he needed another operation, but it could be that playing/running on the injury created a lot of scar tissue.

Really hope he stays, he's the type you build a midfield around and if we were promoted I think he could make the step up nicely. But just can't see it.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

3 according to the OS.

I don't know that the English third tier is where I'd want to make my recovery from almost two years of injury. Lots of games played at pace, very physical, at times poor pitches.

Definitely has ability. Had things gone differently think he'd have been an absolute legend for us. For all the stick the regime gets for injuries, and rightly so most of the time, I'm just not sure much could be done about his. Achilles injuries are nasty, take time to heal, and risk breaking down again. I'm still a little unclear as to why he was allowed to come back at the end of last year and start pre-season before it was decided that he needed another operation, but it could be that playing/running on the injury created a lot of scar tissue.

Really hope he stays, he's the type you build a midfield around and if we were promoted I think he could make the step up nicely. But just can't see it.
    I've been pleasantly surprised with L1 actually. Most teams seem to be trying to pass out from the back, and it's been nowhere near as "frantic" as you might imagine. Even the pitches have been pretty good, I don't recall too many mudbaths or rock hard surfaces