Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mini DV Camcorder

Anyone got an old Mini DV camcorder they want to shift? They have the little tapes that go in them. Have a load of tapes from when my kids were little, never got round to putting them onto my computer. Just recently decided it was time to do that and have discovered the old Canon camcorder I have has packed up so I can't transfer the tapes. Not sure there is another way other than buying another camcorder. Unless someone knows another way. Happy to pay for it.

Comments

• I used to borrow a tape player from a mate, plugs directly into the computer for transfer. I did have a couple of mini DVs, if I get a chance to check the garage tomorrow I'll look around for them.
  • Check your local snappysnaps. They might do it.
  • MrOneLung said:

Check your local snappysnaps. They might do it.

I will probably do that but I've got hours and hours of it and wanted to edit them all down into something manageable probably will cost me a fortune doing it that way. Worth a try though thanks.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I used to borrow a tape player from a mate, plugs directly into the computer for transfer. I did have a couple of mini DVs, if I get a chance to check the garage tomorrow I'll look around for them.

I appreciate that thanks. Did look into a player but they run at hundreds probably more economical to buy a 2nd hand camcorder.
  • Hi I got my micromv tapes transferred to DVD here
    http://imemorybox.com/sony-micro-mv

You can then load them onto your computer and edit .
    Good luck
  • Nug - inbox me - I have one.