Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get your energy deals sorted before the massive price hikes (if you want to)

edited February 2017 in Not Sports Related
Npower have announced rises for their standard variable tariffs of 15% for electricity and 4.8% for gas. I should imagine many of the others will follow suit.

You may want to take 30 mins on a comparison site, to switch to a cheaper fixed tariff and save yourself possibly hundreds of pounds. (I did mine in December)

Comments

• Options
    It is ridiculous - about time the Government acted rather than just act outrage. Of course they won't do a thing!
  • Options
    Change every year, best thing you can do.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Change every year, best thing you can do.

So do I.
  • Options
    Go on to the money saving expert website and join in their energy club. It is REALLY EASY to compare what you will save and to switch it really is a click of the button. You can save hundreds of quid a year.
  • Options
    So confusing. Cheap Energy Club said would save £137 a year (with Npower who I currently have utilities with) according to my meter readings over last year yet same deal with Npower direct through their site says I will pay £108 more. Catch is, both say same final yearly cost is the same. Huh?!
  • Options
    It's not always a perfect science, but if you've never switched before, you should be saving a shed load, even if you don't make the perfect choice.
  • Options
    I am using Redbull power
  • Options
    I have both my gas and electricity on a key meter, i pay about £500 a year combined(£250 each) if i switched would i get a cheaper tariff.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Yes you can switch. Just open the link & see, it's pretty easy to do.

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/prepayment-meters/
  • Options
    Thanks i shall take a look.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I switched to a strong magnet and saved a fortune
  • Options
    Badger said:

I have both my gas and electricity on a key meter, i pay about £500 a year combined(£250 each) if i switched would i get a cheaper tariff.

Do you live in the dark?
  • Options

It is ridiculous - about time the Government acted rather than just act outrage. Of course they won't do a thing!

Let's not the facts get in the way of a good govt bashing. Prices per unit that I pay (and no reason most others shouldn't) are still lower than they were 10 years ago. If you also factor in the greater efficiency of modern appliances most household bills are considerably less than they were.
  • Options
    Switching is simple, and nPower should by rights lose thousands of customers. If people choose to stay and pay, surely thats their choice.
    I appreciate that there are people who cant use the internet, but surely most of them will know someone who can do it for them.