Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M.A.S.H.

I've been catching up with this on True Entertainment, there being so many episodes I missed when they were first broadcast.

It has to be one of the best programmes of the 20th Century. Yes, it can be a bit of a melodrama at times, and it does have a relentless anti-war agenda, but it's consistently funny, poignant and well acted, and to keep those standards up for so many episodes is a sign of greatness.

Comments

• Good to have one programme with an anti war agenda surely.
  • Used to play MASH in school..

Mansion
    Apartment
    Shed
    House

Someone must remember..!?
  • Millwall
    Are
    Shite
    Ha
  • iamdan said:

Used to play MASH in school..

Mansion
    Apartment
    Shed
    House

Nope.

Anyway the kids (me included) at the school I went to wouldn't have had the faintest idea what a mansion was - and an apartment was a 'flat'.
  • bobmunro said:

iamdan said:

Used to play MASH in school..

Mansion
    Apartment
    Shed
    House

Nope.

Anyway the kids (me included) at the school I went to wouldn't have had the faintest idea what a mansion was - and an apartment was a 'flat'.
    Absolutely. At the end of our road was a block of flats, not an apartment building.
  • Memoir of a year in prison: My Arse Still Hurts.
  • I've been catching up with this on True Entertainment, there being so many episodes I missed when they were first broadcast.

It has to be one of the best programmes of the 20th Century. Yes, it can be a bit of a melodrama at times, and it does have a relentless anti-war agenda, but it's consistently funny, poignant and well acted, and to keep those standards up for so many episodes is a sign of greatness.

The movie was fantastic, too.
  • limeygent said:

I've been catching up with this on True Entertainment, there being so many episodes I missed when they were first broadcast.

The movie was fantastic, too.
    I loved the film the first time I saw it but the second time I found it slow. I need to watch it again.
  • It was filmed just up the road from where I went to high school, a truly stunning part of the world. The show lasted longer than the Korean War.
  • Thinking of MASH reminded me of this episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baU4cyQ3A5U
  • Sponsored links:

• Great series.......always a good watch that you can dip in and out of from time to time and still feel like you've never been away.
  • superb series
  • Good restaurant, but not as good as Hawksmoor etc...

;-)