Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Another thread derailed by elfs where he treats it like his whatsapp friends group

Have never heard of wattsapp as well.
  • Options

Rochester 3 v Sevenoaks 3 in the Kent League last Saturday.

This is the main stand.

Not only do you not respect the pin, you also don't respect the score

it is Rochester 3-3 Sevenoaks not Rochester 3 v Sevenoaks 3
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

This is the main stand.

Talking of pins, there is normally a badge seller at Wimbledon with an excellent selection of non-league badges.

Non-League badges can normally be hard to get hold of.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

This is the main stand.

Talking of pins, there is normally a badge seller at Wimbledon with an excellent selection of non-league badges.

Non-League badges can normally be hard to get hold of.
    http://www.terrysbadges.co.uk

He supplied our protest badges.
  • Options
    Visits in December to Hanworth Villa and Bedfont and Feltham(both Combined Counties) resulted in adding these two babies to my collection.

Once you get down to this level I am always pleasantly surprised to be able to find one available.
  • Options
    I'm on 73 grounds and as mentioned before not bothered if the team have moved to a new ground whether the game was a friendly.
    Blimey you might as well say the game never took place if you can't count the ground.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I'm on 73 grounds and as mentioned before not bothered if the team have moved to a new ground whether the game was a friendly.
    Blimey you might as well say the game never took place if you can't count the ground.

I'm not sure you can count the ground (well, actually, you can count whatever you like as there are no rules !) if you haven't actually been to the ground. You could say you're on 73/92 at home, but you haven't been to 73/92 grounds. With you on the friendlies thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm on 80 different grounds that I've watched Charlton at, not including 14 old grounds, including friendlies. This includes clubs that have dropped out of the league. Got Shrewsbury, Northampton (if I can get a ticket), Chesterfield and Rochdale this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree that Highbury, Ninian etc don't count as the 92. What I think is a stupid rule is that if a team drops out the league, officially you have to re-do it if they come back up.

I'm on 75 with Rochdale and Shrewsbury soon.
  • Options
    I hover around 60 mark if I count pro clubs, depending who drops in and out, with non league it's about another 20, what I really want is every game in a season home/away, I realise I'm an amateur at this so I've given myself the must try harder comment.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I agree that Highbury, Ninian etc don't count as the 92. What I think is a stupid rule is that if a team drops out the league, officially you have to re-do it if they come back up.

You have to re-do them? Bloody hell, how many points do they have to qualify you?

I know people who go back if the game finishes 0-0, f*** that!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

clb74 said:

I'm not sure you can count the ground (well, actually, you can count whatever you like as there are no rules !) if you haven't actually been to the ground. You could say you're on 73/92 at home, but you haven't been to 73/92 grounds. With you on the friendlies thing.
    I have seen us play on about 140 grounds, although not sure how many different teams I have seen us against.

The rest of the season is good as Shrewsbury and Chesterfield are new ones with Charlton.

I had a mare with Fleetwood as I went there in March to see them play Sheffield United, then back about 12 games later with us.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I'm surprised so many let you in tbh.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

You have to re-do them? Bloody hell, how many points do they have to qualify you?

I know people who go back if the game finishes 0-0, f*** that!
    I'm wrong actually. I've just looked it up, that rule was official but was discontinued in 2012:

(3) Rule deleted 1 October 2012 after a poll of members. 127 votes for removal, 14 for retention and 4 abstentions. Only matches played on or after the start of any club's present period within the League can be included.

(8) Rule deleted 1 October 2012. If any club leaves the League, visits up to that date do not count, even if they are subsequently re-elected.

http://www.ninetytwoclub.org.uk/nineq.htm
  • Options
    It's f@cking weird me dad just asked have I ever been to Leicester had to tell him no but been to filbert st.
    Are you taking the piss he said.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    cabbles said:

I think the mods should do a count of how many threads have turned into elfs/Otto & Blackpool72s bar orders

What you cbabbling on about?!?!
  • Options

cabbles said:

I think the mods should do a count of how many threads have turned into elfs/Otto & Blackpool72s bar orders

What you cbabbling on about?!?!
    Agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

theres an app which is very simple to use one off costs of 79p, easy to keep track as you tick grounds off

What's it called?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

theres an app which is very simple to use one off costs of 79p, easy to keep track as you tick grounds off

What's it called?
    Football Ground Map
  • Options
    Poor bloke completes it by watching us
  • Options
    I've never been anywhere near 'the 92' but am on 124 grounds in total.
  • Options
    We've got an interview with this chap on the latest Charlton Live podcast.
  • Options

Poor bloke completes it by watching us
    Spotland is a nice little ground but the PA system is worse than useless. While Ed was receiving congratulations, awards and such, the 'commentary' on the event was inaudible. So .. over to Louis's podcast to hear about Ed's remarkable achievement for a very good cause
  • Options
    So it's 93 then.
  • Options
    I actually tallied mine up last night. I'm on 57 of the current 92. There are also another 10 grounds or so I've done that are no longer in existence or have dropped down to NL.

I'm only 29 so still have a lot of time to finish it off one way or another. I'll still always go to Charlton away games even if we did at some point drop to League Two, which is where I still have another 12 or so to do.
  • Options
    Went to watch Union St-Gilloise v Tubize In the Belgium second tier play in Sunday at Heysel.

St-Gilloise are the third most successful team in Belgian football (after Anderlecht and Club Brugge) but have fallen on hard times recently and won 2-0. Very off watching a match in a 90% empty stadium with a dark history.