Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wireless Speaker Advice

Recently had a Bose SoundLink Mini that was lost in the aftermath of my Wedding.

Now looking to replace it but dont really want to fork out £150 for another SoundLink Mini despite the sound quality being excellent... Basically looking to get a replacement under £100 but am really wary as I've had plenty of Wireless Speakers in the past that have been absolute crap.

Is there anything that can be recommended? (Been looking at the JBL Flip 3 if anyone has used this type before?)

Comments

• If you are looking for a speaker that isn't a mobile one, I would say Sonos Play1 @ £159.
  • If you are looking for a speaker that isn't a mobile one, I would say Sonos Play1 @ £159.

Knew the Sonos would get a mention... :)

I'd love to get but its currently out of my price range
  • You can get the highly rated JBL Charge 2+ for about a ton now.

Well worth waiting a bit to fill coffers for the Sonos Play 1 though.
  • Yeah I've seen the KitSound Hive / Boombar around yet havent been too sure on them

Is the sound quite good then?
  • I have a Denon Envaya Mini speaker which is fine for my needs (I like Denon stuff generally).

It's under £80 on Amazon (a bit less again if you're happy with a Warehouse deal).

It has a bigger brother, though still portable, which can be had for c£120, and a Warehouse deal of £105.
  • I do think that Bose make the best speakers. Why don't you pop into a large John Lewis (i.e Bluewater) and try out all of their speakers? You can link your phone up.

I still think Bluetooth is the best over wi-fi, more flexibility (garden, friends bbq etc).
  • edited February 2017
    Make sure it doesn't affect your wireless heating thermostat.
  • I've got a UE Boom 2, which is very much like the JBL. Cracking piece of kit, would highly recommend.
  • The Gadget Man on BBC Five live was full of praise....given the price. I have a Canton DM50, high price here but you can pick one up as new on German Ebay for 150-200 euros