Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Was Paul Nuttall at Hillsborough?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Bit of an odd one this.

Newspapers reported last year that he was a Hillsborough survivor and there was no controversy. Now it's big news? Smells like a dirty smear campaign to me, but others have pointed out small inconsistencies in his behaviour. But it's a really odd one if it's a lie. It's easier to call him a liar based on the allegation he never came forward to the police (have all those fans who attended the game come forward? Unlikely) or that he never talks about it (Murray never talks about Dunblane but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. Very common for people present at disasters to not talk about their experiences) than it is for him to prove he was there.

Not saying I believe him but it seems that the most vocal accusers are doing it purely for political reasons and assuming he is guilty just because he is UKIP.

He's fighting a high-profile by-election in which his honesty has already been questioned over giving a false (in terms of electoral law) address. It's hardly surprising if he's under much more scrutiny than previously as a consequence - it's what happens in elections.
    I understand why the smears are happening now, I'm simply of the opinion that no one thought he was lying until they realised he might win the by-election.
    If he's lying it's not a smear. It's perfectly reasonable to call him out on it and use it against him as evidence of his character.

Of course people will believe all politicians lie, etc, but I would think this is playing with fire in Bootle, where he comes from.

We have a UKIP guy in Thanet who claimed to have been a decorated soldier - turned out to be a complete Walter Mitty.
  • Fiiish said:

Bit of an odd one this.

Newspapers reported last year that he was a Hillsborough survivor and there was no controversy. Now it's big news? Smells like a dirty smear campaign to me, but others have pointed out small inconsistencies in his behaviour. But it's a really odd one if it's a lie. It's easier to call him a liar based on the allegation he never came forward to the police (have all those fans who attended the game come forward? Unlikely) or that he never talks about it (Murray never talks about Dunblane but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. Very common for people present at disasters to not talk about their experiences) than it is for him to prove he was there.

Not saying I believe him but it seems that the most vocal accusers are doing it purely for political reasons and assuming he is guilty just because he is UKIP.

And many may say that that is reason enough to do so....... :wink:
  • edited February 2017

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Bit of an odd one this.

He's fighting a high-profile by-election in which his honesty has already been questioned over giving a false (in terms of electoral law) address. It's hardly surprising if he's under much more scrutiny than previously as a consequence - it's what happens in elections.
    I understand why the smears are happening now, I'm simply of the opinion that no one thought he was lying until they realised he might win the by-election.
    If he's lying it's not a smear. It's perfectly reasonable to call him out on it and use it against him as evidence of his character.

Of course people will believe all politicians lie, etc, but I would think this is playing with fire in Bootle, where he comes from.

We have a UKIP guy in Thanet who claimed to have been a decorated soldier - turned out to be a complete Walter Mitty.
    If you can't prove he is lying then it's a smear. Burden of proof is on the accusers.

Oh goody thread is being sunk for being remotely political. When is this pointless policy going to be revised?
  • Was not ''Airman Brown'' once or is now
    a Labour Councillor? So more than one
    Walter Mittey in Thanet!!1
  • Well , it can't have been AFKA, he has joined in... :smiley:
  • Was not ''Airman Brown'' once or is now
    a Labour Councillor? So more than one
    Walter Mittey in Thanet!!1

He has never said he wasn't
  • It is so simple. He is a leading member of Labour. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of The Liberal Democrats. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of The Conservatives. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of The Green Party. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of SNP. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

And so on...
    One more negative word about Caroline Lucas and I will meet you outside Makro (whatever and wherever that is).
  • He's finished, done, made to look a lying and conceited laughing stock/figure of scorn ..
    in this era of minute digital historical record keeping, sceptical scrutiny and microscopic journalistic investigation, why on earth do these muppets continue to exaggerate and lie when it is just is not necessary ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can someone clear this up for me.

I thought this bloke originally said he was actually at the Hillsborough disaster?

Now he seems to be getting pelters for claiming he lost a close friend?

I know it's neither ,but why is he still not getting grief for stating he was actually there?

Or did he not say that?

Confused.