Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oldham v Charlton | Tue 14 Feb | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Another 1-1 draw but this time we'll concede first.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Teams very often play in the character of their manager. Sheridan's spiky, abrasive, hostile persona is just the kind of irritation to get under this Charlton's skin, leaving it weeping and sore. Add in Shezza's abiding regret over one match in Birmingham many years ago and Oldham will be bang up for this tonight. Gobshite Robinson has his work cut out making plans for this game. Boundary Park is a bleak and unforgiving dump at the best of times. If Charlton come away with a point and eleven still on the field we'll be rightly pleased. If the gobby scouser sets his sights on no more than a point we'll get turned over. For once I'm glad that hallmark card day sees me out for the evening with much warmer and more agreeable matters to occupy me than this fixture.
  • Options
    I'm going to score tonight - I've paid up front - so I hope Charlton do as well. 2-1 addick win and we stay in touch for the late push for the play offs.
  • Options
    2-1 addicks, Page sent off after 4 minutes
  • Options
    Isn't there a Texas Oldham?
  • Options
    sorry to belabour the point .. BUT .. every new signing we make seems to get injured within a few days/a couple of weeks of arriving .. w t f is going on ? .. is this divine intervention, an ancient curse, bad luck or is it that we are signing a bunch of second hand crocks ?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

poker .. not red hot though
  • Options

So here I am in Singapore, its about 9.40 pm and the temp is a cool 30c. As the match is an evening one, in the UK, I wont be able to follow the match thread as it'll be 4 am here. However I'll read the match thread when I'm awake, without knowing the score, and hope to see we managed to at least nick 1 point of the mighty Lattics!!

Next stop for me on Saturday is Malaysia, so I might just get there on time to follow the thread live!! It'll be 11 pm there.

Plastic supporter.

Glad you're well RM, hope you're enjoying your travels.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So here I am in Singapore, its about 9.40 pm and the temp is a cool 30c. As the match is an evening one, in the UK, I wont be able to follow the match thread as it'll be 4 am here. However I'll read the match thread when I'm awake, without knowing the score, and hope to see we managed to at least nick 1 point of the mighty Lattics!!

Next stop for me on Saturday is Malaysia, so I might just get there on time to follow the thread live!! It'll be 11 pm there.

Where you staying in Singapore?
  • Options
    Anything less than 3 points tonight is an opportunity missed. Any slim hopes of making the play offs, then these are the sort of sides you put 2/3 passed them
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I wouldn't bet on it :smile:
  • Options
    3-0 away win.
  • Options
    Need three points. It's as simple as that. Anything less and the season is dead. I think it is anyway to be honest. 1 - 2
  • Options

Need three points. It's as simple as that. Anything less and the season is dead. I think it is anyway to be honest. 1 - 2

It ain't over till baby till it's over.

We still have a chance and we'll still have a chance even if we lose tonight.
  • Options
    I feel a win coming our way, can't remember the last time I had that feeling, no idea why. 2-0
  • Options
    I fancy us tonight. Keeping the fight going for a play off place for as long as possible is more than I expected at the start of the season.
  • Options
    A real must win will see us get only another boring 1-1 draw only this time we will come fro m behind late on. What a great season!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Assuming KM wont be there as she is being wined and dined tonight by @gabbles
  • Options
    Amazing - in spite of the gloom, no-one has gone for a home win - they have won three from five since Sheridan has returned and will go for us this evening.
  • Options
    Charlton win, convinced
  • Options

Charlton win, convinced

Charlton draw 1.I convinced
  • Options

Amazing - in spite of the gloom, no-one has gone for a home win - they have won three from five since Sheridan has returned and will go for us this evening.

Peter Shirtliff will score 2 goals in extra time, 2-1
  • Options
    Just put £20 on us to win at 3/1 tonight. Also feel we are going to get some goals, gut tells me 3-0 or 4-1 to us.
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one.2-0 to them.
  • Options
    Match thread now open
  • Options

Just put £20 on us to win at 3/1 tonight. Also feel we are going to get some goals, gut tells me 3-0 or 4-1 to us.

Had a punt on 0-2 and 1-3 to us. A fool and his money are soonist parted and all that but I fancy us tonight! Watt starting on the bench has sort of fucked me up though...
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Where you staying in Singapore?
    @stonemuse Im staying at Peninsular Excelsior Hotel