Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson reaction Oldham

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think there was a time when we didn't make too many chances but converted more of them.
  • Options
    Just as the protests in Belgium proved the death knell for Slade, I wonder if the planned protests in March might see the end for Robinson. I don't see the logic in sacking him now with just a couple of months left of the season and, in any event, it looks more and more like team selection & recruitment is still being influenced by that loveable old rogue in Belgium, his sidekick O'Cloughlin, and Driesen the geek. Robinson won't improve us, but sacking him won't change anything either
  • Options
    Calm down calm down.
  • Options
    I think it is highly likely Konsa will be sold in the summer for less than £3m.

Just a guess.
  • Options
    Robinson was never brought in to manage the team
    roland liked the fact he brought deli ali through
    kr was brought in to inprove our youngsters to then sell on and make roland money
  • Options
    “If I can keep the group strong and together then next season these players will be the best players. We’ve got to make sure that we stick behind them.

In summary:

This season is already over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I think it is highly likely Konsa will be sold in the summer for less than £3m.

Just a guess.

He and Aribo will go for about a combined £7m. That will cushion RD's losses a bit for next season. KR will have to make do with Sarr returning and a few loans, Anfernee Dijksteel and Josh Umerah will go from having no first team experience to amassing 70 games between them by the end of next season.

KR will be gone by October because he couldn't get us into the play offs by then with largely the same team that will finish mid table this season, plus those two untried youngsters and loans.

Chris O Loughlin will be appointed after an exhaustive search. Chris will be out the door by February as we lose 12 in a row and sit 23rd with the prospect of League 2 hanging over us.

KM will have hired Saatchi & Saatchi, and 5 other PR firms that offer us a motorway service coupon up to £3 for Burton away. Numerous fans meetings would've been held talking about the need to communicate more and that the club have learnt their lessons.

Does any of this sound familiar? This is the Charlton cycle under RD's ownership
    You forgot that Riga is the manager at the end of every other season, so expect him back in Feb 2018.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Robinson isn't the only problem!

Fixed it for you

But he has sure proved himself to be one massive problem to add to roly's halfbaked pudding of fuckwittery.

Playing Konsa one game in the middle, the next at the back in preference to Tex FFS!! This is not the workings of a mind focussed clearly on getting the best results possible from the resources available. Centre backs work best as established partnerships. Giving Ezri experience and utilising his versatility ain't the same thing as making damn sure we beat a workmanlike low scoring side like Oldham. Is he obsessed with his 4 2 3 1 shape or can he not intellectually cope with any variations - regardless of whether he has the players equipped for it? Not so much one trick pony as just pony. Which for any scouse dullards reading this is cockney rhyming slang: pony & trap - rhymes with crap.

KR either hasn't really got much of a clue or he is working to different goals than just winning as many points as possible. The relentless scouse drivel is as irritating as it is dispiriting as it is limitless.
    If he keeps banging on about the amount of games the players have to play til the end of March we'll know for sure he's shitting us. Apart from the few coming back from injuries, managing the workload is what he and his many coaching assistants are there for - more games require less fitness training, just you know "coaching". The great Brian Clough insisted that after pre-season, playing 2 games a week took care of the players' fitness, coaching sessions were for how to win matches, but what did he know? League championships, European cups with squads assembled at much lower cost than most of their rivals.