Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Air pollution

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

There are rumours of another diesel scrappage scheme starting up soon. I'd happily ditch mine and and buy a full electric car if the figures add up.

Don't wanna travel very far then!!
    Entry level electric cars are now offering 200+ miles of range. The Tesla 3 has a similar range and looks pretty cool. Even the old leaf with its 100 mile range would work for most people as a second car and the savings on fuel make it a great option.
  • Options
    Most of my car journeys are over 100 miles. Most are outside of the city. I drive an Audi diesel.

Used to have a Prius, awful car. No where near as cheap to run or environmentally friendly (given the shocker of the battery) than Toyota and Hollywood would have like you to have understood.

I live and work in London and so do not commute by car. For me, a large engines diesel car not used much in the city centre seems like a good option.

Of course when nuclear fission is able to produce more energy than we need for free, I will deride anyone who doesn't have an electric motor, or a residential matter transporter.
  • Options
    If we put an imaginary horizontal line seven feet above the ground across Britain, the bit below could leave Europe and the bit above could stay in Europe. This will mean that the referendum result was honoured but the EU could make sure we keep pollution levels in check.