Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Sinclair C5

The Iris. Electric bicycle. "Invented" by Grant Sinclair, nephew of Sir Clive Sinclair. £3,000 motorised crash helmet? Or next, mass-market must-have?

Comments

• Colour code it with a tail, and hay presto your a giant sperm.
  • I'm not sure Elon Musk will be losing any sleep.
  • And here I was thinking channel 5 had given Scott Sinclair a tv show
  • I'm not sure Elon Musk will be losing any sleep.

Elon Musk doesn't sleep.
  • edited February 2017
    Genius. A bike that quadruples your journey time in town because it's too big to get through traffic. And where the f are you supposed to leave it when you get to where you're going?
  • The C5 was a complete disaster and this will be, too.

Any that get sold will be appearing at boot fairs within a few years, priced at less than that £99 deposit on the web site.
  • I would have thought it would be unusable in the rain. No wiper on the outside and no demister inside. And a brilliant weight loss sauna in any temperature over 3C.
    Probably be a greater success than his uncles vehicle because there are plenty people around nowadays that have £3000 to look trendy with on the streets of the West End.
    I can't see them being an everyday sight in and around Orpington anytime soon.
  • edited February 2017
    What do you do if your sitting at a Red Light and some joker comes along, lifts up the front and turns you round so your facing the wrong way?
  • As if wearing lycra didn't make you look like a prat, anyone riding this will look like a right div.

• Sponsored links:

• I was in the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry this afternoon (WELL worth a visit). One of the many interesting exhibits is a Sinclair 'trike' ... as I walked past it on the way to the aircraft exhibitions a young girl was saying 'I'd like one of those', her Mum (I presume) said 'no dear, they are deathtraps' ..
  • Bad choice of name, too, the IRIS: with Trump's grasp of foreign affairs and lack of spelling, they can expect a drone strike on the factory sometime soon.