Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First banners

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    I am itching to tell but I can't. There are conditions (which is why I haven't got a new car) and to be fair to Sue I don't think she or I were aware of how complicated the conditions would make things.

It would have been much easier if they had just given us a brown paper bag with £20k in used £10 notes but that sort of thing doesn't happen in football.
  • Options
    Can you tell us what the conditions are?
  • Options
    The money has to be spent on particular areas or activities but don't push me on it please. Sorry, a little patience and all will be revealed.
  • Options
    [cite] F-Blocker:[/cite]Can you tell us what the conditions are?

Quite blustery outside with a hint of rain in the air down here in sunny SE10!
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    OK, here are some "HORIZONTAL" designs based on the Live by the Sword banner posted the other day. For the record, I kind of like it Vertical, but I suppose it depends on space. Fitting the banner and sword in horizontally was more difficult than I expected. But I've done it to 6x3 (must if be that size, ie twice as long as tall because I've got an example of how it works better when in the shape as your banners Rothko, ie much longer than high...)

Anyway, comments always welcome:

LBTS-Horizontal-Long.jpg

(Above) Example of long banner, not using the required dimensions (6x3). I think it works well like this, but perhaps not as interesting as the others. Would make a nice car sticker! (option Wildcard)

LBTS-HorizontalA.jpg

(Above) Simple, clean, proper dimensions (but would work better if we could cut some off the top and bottom)
    (option A)

LBTS-HorizontalB.jpg

(Above) Simple, clean and balanced, as well as effective. Say no more. My second fave.
    (option B)

LBTS-HorizontalC.jpg

(Above) Another option in the simple and clear class.
    (option C)

LBTS-HorizontalD.jpg

(Above) Another option, but it's not really balanced, design-wise... something's wrong with it, and I don't like it much.
    (Option D)

LBTS-HorizontalE.jpg

(Above) A bit Norwegian, or is it Trinidad and Tobago on it's side?
    (Option E)

LBTS-HorizontalF.jpg

(Above) More closely resembles the original design, but a bugger to fit into the shape. However, I like this best. It's clean and crisp, with a simple message, but there's also something substantial to it. The type is clear (thou a little stretched to fit) and the sword is large. Something, if made right, people could be proud of. (Note: Again, the stripes add interest and are supposed to be like the reflective stripes used in football shirts. Can such a thing be done, ie in fabric, or simulated in print ink?)
    (Option F)

You decide?
  • Options
    original long banner is best IMHO but would add another sword to the right as well.
  • Options
    i love that last one, we really should be going into mechandising !
  • Options
    I like the first one best but as Henry says with something on the right as well , maybe another sword , the whole badge or england flag/badge ?