Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The players DO care.....

2»

Comments

• Options

I have given my opinion and people are shooting me down for taking side with the players. If you don't like my opinion TOUGH!

2/10 trolling

Gone to "Angry and I don't care what you think" without using "I'm the victim here stop picking on me" first.

Personal abuse next and maybe a side order of "I'm a real fan, honest but you call me troll"
  • Options
    He's not a troll, believe me.

Liable to post something stupid, but not a troll
  • Options
    Players aren't good enough, coaching isn't good enough. It's a merry go round. I have no idea if they care or not, I'd assume that they do being professionals. I don't think RD and KM care and that bothers me more and has a bigger impact on the long term future of Charlton.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Players aren't good enough, coaching isn't good enough. It's a merry go round. I have no idea if they care or not, I'd assume that they do being professionals. I don't think RD and KM care and that bothers me more and has a bigger impact on the long term future of Charlton.

They certainly DON'T!
  • Options
    Why didn't half of them even acknowledge the crowd at the end?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Embarrassment
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Uboat said:

redbuttle said:

Embarrassment
    Because they were beeing booed I guess.
  • Options
    Some opinions need to be shot down in flames.
    Solly.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

You are joking I hope..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you have a group of players who are on loan or coming to the end of their contracts you are asking for trouble.
    So many of our players know that they won't be here next season that's why they don't give a fuck.
    We all know who is to blame but until they sell we be fooked
  • Options

It's difficult for players to play in a team which is part of a club with no ambition. Plus no stability or certainty and knowing that the vast majority of fans have already lost heart.

That's a fair point. Why would a player want to be part of a club that has no more ambition than to be a social club.

Not going to make it easy to attract payers with drive and ambition.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You stick to moderating and let me and Bournemouth Addicks spot the trolls :wink:
    Time for you two to wash your net curtains or move out of your cul de sac and stop name calling. ;-)
  • Options
    Why do you end each sentence capitalizing the last WORD?
  • Options

Where is that wanker button again?

I don't know, perhaps after F1 he headed to supercars....
  • Options

You stick to moderating and let me and Bournemouth Addicks spot the trolls :wink:
    Time for you two to wash your net curtains or move out of your cul de sac and stop name calling.
  • Options

I can promise everyone that those players do care and they are hurting. They are not these mercenaries that some are painting them out as. Yes they earn alot more than most of us but footballers earn good money. They are not the only ones. Other clubs are the same. Other sports also earn just as obscene money also. Footballers earn good money. JUST DEAL WITH IT! Don't follow a professional football club if you don't like it.

But they are not performing badly on purpose. They are desperate to perform well. FACT!

Perhaps to demonstrate they care they could donate their wages for this week to Valley Gold or the Upbeats - because they sure as hell haven't done much to earn them this week.
  • Options
    sm said:

I can promise everyone that those players do care and they are hurting. They are not these mercenaries that some are painting them out as. Yes they earn alot more than most of us but footballers earn good money. They are not the only ones. Other clubs are the same. Other sports also earn just as obscene money also. Footballers earn good money. JUST DEAL WITH IT! Don't follow a professional football club if you don't like it.

But they are not performing badly on purpose. They are desperate to perform well. FACT!

Perhaps to demonstrate they care they could donate their wages for this week to Valley Gold or the Upbeats - because they sure as hell haven't done much to earn them this week.
    They still haven't hit that bloody crossbar yet. 7k Scunny.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Indeed. I worked out who he is ages ago. Heart is the right place though.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

You are joking I hope..
    Not really joking as the other half of the players did acknowledge the fact that, considering the performance, the support for the team was good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shit rolls downhill
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2017

A younger relation / member of the family ?

@blackpool72 & @stonemuse made some decent observations around the fact that many of the players won't be at Charlton at the end of the season. The team will be built from ground up again. No guarantees that the manager will be at Charlton either. Some of the players may not be too bothered about that . That's not good ground for the run in.
  • Options
    vff said:

A younger relation / member of the family ?

@blackpool72 & @stonemuse made some decent observations around the fact that many of the players won't be at Charlton at the end of the season. The team will be built from ground up again. No guarantees that the manager will be at Charlton either. Some of the players may not be too bothered about that . That's not good ground for the run in.
    We could be looking at a similar finish to Powell's first season in charge where a similar clear occurred in the summer, players lost heart and we lost game after game. We only just avoided relegation that season due to the four wins Powell secured when he arrived.

Who here believes that if by some miracle we do build a new squad this summer that the manager won't be sacked after 14 games and leave "his" players on the new manager.

Who here honestly has faith that the club can sign 20-25 proven players of the right calibre, attitude and character in the summer?

Who here believes that an experienced scout rather than a cheap spreadsheet will be used? That a team will be built.

Who here believes the club have the ability to sell those "unwanted" players who are still under contract but have currently been shifted out on loan, with us no doubt still picking up most of the wages.

The problem here is that this summer's clear out not only comes on the back of previous squad "rebuilds" by the regime, but is most likely being driven by a financial aspect rather than football/promotion one.

I just don't see the ambition from the club or the owner. That's why we won't see the Powell style rebuild this summer. What we will get is more academy players in the first team and more journey men.
  • Options

I have given my opinion and people are shooting me down for taking side with the players. If you don't like my opinion TOUGH!

Welcome to Charlton Life Karl

nailed it.
  • Options
    KR's pre-match comments seemed to hint that he believes he has players who don't care for the club enough.
  • Options
    Forgetting the fact this post seems to have been created solely to wind people up - again - I am sure some of the players do care. Others only care because it impacts on their chances of getting a move up the footballing ladder and would jump ship tomorrow if the chance came. And then there's Roger Johnson.