Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson & Solly

I think that with everything that's gone on under RD and KM's cancerous ownership, we forget that these two really don't deserve what's gone on over the last 3 years.

Both are 'proper Charlton' to coin a phrase and have always given 110%

I wonder what they really think of the ownership. They can't be happy, and I'm sure it's their professionalism and loyalty that have kept them here, but they must be sick of what's happening.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    I think Solly will go in the summer whether Robinsons here or not and Jackson sadly is likely to retire, at least at Charlton. I can only imagine what must go through Jacksons mind, he's effectively wasted the last 3 years of his career out of loyalty to Charlton, for that we should thank him in some way as he could easily have gone elsewhere and played every week at a club who weren't in free fall.

I also still think he had something to offer this season but for whatever reason Robinson doesn't play him. He can't have done much worse than a lot of others and at least you'd know he was giving his all. He's someone who knows where the net is as well........... could easily have played sweeper.
  • Blinkant said:

Can't wait for Jacksons autobiography

Rolling with Roly and Meandering with Meire, the Fcuked up Years.
  • Rob7Lee said:

I think Solly will go in the summer whether Robinsons here or not and Jackson sadly is likely to retire, at least at Charlton. I can only imagine what must go through Jacksons mind, he's effectively wasted the last 3 years of his career out of loyalty to Charlton, for that we should thank him in some way as he could easily have gone elsewhere and played every week at a club who weren't in free fall.

I also still think he had something to offer this season but for whatever reason Robinson doesn't play him. He can't have done much worse than a lot of others and at least you'd know he was giving his all. He's someone who knows where the net is as well........... could easily have played sweeper.

Wouldn't there be an issue re Solly passing a medical?
  • cabbles said:

I think that with everything that's gone on under RD and KM's cancerous ownership, we forget that these two really don't deserve what's gone on over the last 3 years.

I wonder what they really think of the ownership. They can't be happy, and I'm sure it's their professionalism and loyalty that have kept them here, but they must be sick of what's happening.

I can guess what Solly's reaction would be, especially after the Gillingham loan fiasco. Let's not forget that a very senior member of last seasons squad asked for Meire not to attend the POTY dinner (That player is still at the club BTW)
  • Solly has looked increasingly frustrated this season, probably culminating in his recent red card .. he is surrounded mostly by a bunch of loaness, newcomers and inexperienced youth team 'graduates' .. who look lost half the time .. IF he goes, he will be a HUGE loss, and I know that I am stating the obvious here

Jackson has been spoken of by Robinson as an influential 'father' figure/mentor to the younger players. I would not be surprised if the retires from playing but stays on even if/after Robinson goes. As with Solly, he'd be a BIG loss if he left ..
  • edited February 2017
    Who suggested that they deserved what has gone on over the past three years ?

I see nothing but love and respect for these two gentlemen, odd to me for anyone to suggest otherwise.
  • se9addick said:

I see nothing but love and respect for these two gentlemen, odd to me for anyone to suggest otherwise.

No one suggested it. I said they don't deserve it
  • se9addick said:

I think his point is that they deserve better..
  • edited February 2017
    cabbles said:

se9addick said:

No one suggested it. I said they don't deserve it
    No, you literally said "we forget that these two really don't deserve what's gone on over the last 3 years" - who has forgotten that this madness is not of their making ? Who has nothing but respect for these two ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Solly ain't going anywhere
    He wouldn't pass a medical
    Shame really because without his medical problems he would have been a premier league player without a doubt
  • Solly ain't going anywhere
    Shame really because without his medical problems he would have been a premier league player without a doubt

Neither would BWP but people take a chance when theirs a history, look at Paul McGrath, he couldn't even train really!
  • Rob7Lee said:

Solly ain't going anywhere

Neither would BWP but people take a chance when theirs a history, look at Paul McGrath, he couldn't even train really!
    True but Paul McGrath was world class
    So worth taking a chance
  • Rob7Lee said:

So worth taking a chance
    So's Solly and he's only 5ft 3!!

I hope he doesn't go, but I fear he will.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

So worth taking a chance
    So's Solly and he's only 5ft 3!!

I hope he doesn't go, but I fear he will.
    Let's hope not Rob
  • cafc999 said:

cabbles said:

I can guess what Solly's reaction would be, especially after the Gillingham loan fiasco. Let's not forget that a very senior member of last seasons squad asked for Meire not to attend the POTY dinner (That player is still at the club BTW)
    Really ?

Have never heard this before.

As one of the organisers, I'd love to know who ...Would you message me, please ?

Thanks.