Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oscars night

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yet another major awards show where the wrong winner gets the main gong. I'm starting to think these are being deliberately orchestrated as some idiotic PR stunt.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I've never started a discussion on here before but feel moved to do so having just seen that one of my crushes when I was a teenager - the French actress Isabelle Huppert - is nominated for Best Actress. She probably won't win, seeing as it's a foreign language film that she's nominated for, but she has to be one of the most talented actresses of the last 40 years and for that (not her looks), I hope she wins. Who are you hoping will win/lose tonight?

I haven't seen La-La-Land and I haven't looked at the results yet, but I've seen the opening number and hated it with a passion so I'm hoping the Academy didn't go loopy for La-La like the BAFTAs did.
  • Options
    Load of old bollocks
  • Options

Load of old bollocks

They were last year's films, so reasonably new-ish bollocks.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options

I've never started a discussion on here before but feel moved to do so having just seen that one of my crushes when I was a teenager - the French actress Isabelle Huppert - is nominated for Best Actress. She probably won't win, seeing as it's a foreign language film that she's nominated for, but she has to be one of the most talented actresses of the last 40 years and for that (not her looks), I hope she wins. Who are you hoping will win/lose tonight?

I haven't seen La-La-Land and I haven't looked at the results yet, but I've seen the opening number and hated it with a passion so I'm hoping the Academy didn't go loopy for La-La like the BAFTAs did.
    You should be a film critic!
  • Options

With you on that mate, the opening two numbers are dire, but the film picks up after, and the song that got nominated is (in my opinión) a goodun, as far as these things go.
  • Options
    I blame The Donald