Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hasselt roll-call

Does anyone remember this scene from Indiana Jones and the last Crusade?:
Walter Donovan: He sticks out like a sore thumb! We'll find him.
Indiana Jones: The hell you will. He's got a two day head-start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages and knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear and you'll never see him again. With any luck he's got the grail already.
Marcus Brody: (Scene cuts to Iskendrun, where Brody finds himself lost in a crowd of citizens). Uh, does anybody here speak English? Does anybody here speak English?

Well, I'm a bit like Marcus Brody, so if anyone else is staying in Hasselt it would be great to hear from you. This is partly because it would be good to get to know some fellow fans and have a drink or two in lovely Hasselt, but mainly because otherwise I will almost certainly get lost.
I'm staying in the Yupp and I think a few others are too. What time are people arriving, moving on to ST etc?
Cheers

Comments

• If anybody is coming into St Truiden from Hasselt via train , there will be a small party of Addicks at ST station to welcome you and provide you with an A4 guide with map of where to go.
  • Great, thanks. What sort of time will they be there?
  • I'm in the Holiday Inn Express in Hasselt, not to be confused with the posher Holiday Inn where the hoi poloi are staying. Think there will be plenty of Addicks out and about in Hasselt although I expect to spend most of the time in Sint Tuiden.
  • If only someone had thought of creating a symbol, like a scarf in monochrome, so protestors could identify others.

:wink:
  • I'm sure you will be fine. There are quite a few of us staying in Hasselt. Also for those of us travelling by coach, we have been given a very detailed time-table. I obviously won't go into details here, but the organisation is fantastic.
  • If only someone had thought of creating a symbol, like a scarf in monochrome, so protestors could identify others.

:wink:

yeah, maybe even CARD beenies or caps too
  • Great idea Large. Two of staying in Hasselt and at the Yup Ubout. On the overnight coach so if you hang around for that to arrive we will then going off to ST.
  • I'm in the Holiday Inn Express same as Large as well as a few others I know so you will not be alone Uboat - will be arriving on the coach from Ebbsfleet and then heading to the buffet. Hope to see you there
  • I'm at Holiday inn Express as well and also going to the buffet
  • Great idea Large. Two of staying in Hasselt and at the Yup Ubout. On the overnight coach so if you hang around for that to arrive we will then going off to ST.

sarge1g said:

I'm in the Holiday Inn Express same as Large as well as a few others I know so you will not be alone Uboat - will be arriving on the coach from Ebbsfleet and then heading to the buffet. Hope to see you there

I'm on the overnight coach too
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Great, thanks. What sort of time will they be there?

We will likely have a small number of Addicks at the station from circa 10.30 to greet incomers.
  • Dont worry about being on your own - you wont be for long !
  • I'm sure you will be fine. There are quite a few of us staying in Hasselt. Also for those of us travelling by coach, we have been given a very detailed time-table. I obviously won't go into details here, but the organisation is fantastic.

Yes, as part of the A4 flyer which will be handed out to everyone attending will include a 'Running-order' of the day with appropriate maps and useful telephone No's
  • I'm off to the post office to get 5 quids worth of Euro's to buy all my mates a drink! :(
  • T.C.E said:

I'm off to the post office to get 5 quids worth of Euro's to buy all my mates a drink! :(

be interested to know the shit rate they give you, ACE FX in Canary Wharf currently selling at 1.1520
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I am hoipoilying in the proper holiday inn as opposed to the Fisher Price one but may look down upon you in disdain if you wave

We too have a suite at the Holiday Inn. I expect the staff there will be able to direct us to the action.
  • Holiday Inn Express for me as well (via the coach) and buffet booked. Just digging out my CARD 'Roland Out' hoodie.
  • don't forget chaps the last train to Hasselt leaves Sint Tuiden at 11.16pm, bar at Holiday Inn Express shuts at midnight ;-)
  • T.C.E said:

I'm off to the post office to get 5 quids worth of Euro's to buy all my mates a drink! :(

be interested to know the shit rate they give you, ACE FX in Canary Wharf currently selling at 1.1520

T.C.E said:

£102 for €110
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

£102 for €110
    ouch, would have cost £95.48 at rate above.
  • Holiday Inn Express is perfectly fine. If you can't find it just walk away from the town centre until you hit the ring road and then follow that. That worked for me after a few too many Belgian Ales
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I am hoipoilying in the proper holiday inn as opposed to the Fisher Price one but may look down upon you in disdain if you wave

I know my place.....

( Holiday Inn Express of course! )
  • don't forget chaps the last train to Hasselt leaves Sint Tuiden at 11.16pm, bar at Holiday Inn Express shuts at midnight ;-)

I hope they don't have mini bars in the rooms. I'll empty mine if I'm pissed.

I hope they don't have mini bars in the rooms. I'll empty mine if I'm pissed.
    When.
  • edited February 2017
    I partly chose the Yup because of its comically pretentious website. Have a look if you get a chance.
    Here's a slightly disturbing example:
  • edited February 2017
    And if I wake up to this view I'm in a world of trouble:

Might be safer to just hang out with this bloke:
  • Sounds like all the hotels, bars and restaurants are going to be doing a roaring trade this weekend with all the extra business Roland's bringing in for them.
  • Sounds like all the hotels, bars and restaurants are going to be doing a roaring trade this weekend with all the extra business Roland's bringing in for them.

All except Rolands.