Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many Lookmans are needed to cover Rolands losses being in L1?

How much does it cost just to keep Charlton breathing in L1 each month?

How much does Roland put in to cover that every month?

Im guessing that the Lookman money would get burned through in maybe a couple of months easily at this level?

Comments

• I think the lookman money goes straight to him and if any of it goes back into the running of the club it is as a loan.

Also any sell on fees are owed to him not cafc so even if he does bugger off he still gets the money owed from our players.
  • edited February 2017

I think the lookman money goes straight to him and if any of it goes back into the running of the club it is as a loan.

Also any sell on fees are owed to him not cafc so even if he does bugger off he still gets the money owed from our players.

I doubt either of the above is actually true - it would result in a claim of third party ownership.

The Club owned Lookman's registration, his value would have been an asset on the Club's balance sheet, and the proceeds of any sale and/or add-ons would come back to the club. The money would go towards running the club but not as a loan - what it does do is cover the losses thereby not requiring any additional loans, or less of them.
  • One Lookman (£11M) a season would cover the losses.

Lookman was a one off & it's not going to happen again under RD.

He might get say £3M for Konsa & £500K for Aribo, but there won't be any other Academy sales of consequence in the next 12 months.
  • edited February 2017
    As they say, there's only one Ade Lookman. Players like that are few and far between. The academy can churn out plenty of Morgan Fox and Ollie Muldoon but that's not enough to live off.
  • Doesnt running Charlton cost like 5-6million a month or something? Thats why Im thinking 10million wouldnt even last a season?
  • It'll cost even more in L2.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Doesnt running Charlton cost like 5-6million a month or something? Thats why Im thinking 10million wouldnt even last a season?

Nothing like that and income isn't zero either.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Doesnt running Charlton cost like 5-6million a month or something? Thats why Im thinking 10million wouldnt even last a season?

Does it actually bother RD if he makes a loss? I'm assuming he can write the loss off and keep loading Charlton with debt.

How he will eventually dispose of Charlton is the big question? What assets can he sell off?

RD will just sit this out to prove a point - stubborn and vindictive old fool. Unless someone makes a ridiculous offer then I can see RD finishing the club off in the next few seasons.
  • edited February 2017

CAFCTrev said:

Does it actually bother RD if he makes a loss? I'm assuming he can write the loss off and keep loading Charlton with debt.

How he will eventually dispose of Charlton is the big question? What assets can he sell off?

RD will just sit this out to prove a point - stubborn and vindictive old fool. Unless someone makes a ridiculous offer then I can see RD finishing the club off in the next few seasons.
    ...but its debt to himself, so he cant just load the club with debt, and sit back and laugh as it builds up. He needs the club to start earning him money to see any chance of getting it back.

Additionally, the more debt the club has to RD the less likely he would find a buyer as he will plop an ever bigger asking price to cover the money hes owed. So in that sense he reducing the chance of getting his money back through a sale too.
  • About 1.25 to 1.5 Lookmans per season just to break even with zero reinvestment in anything.
    So that will work well then...
  • Sponsored links:

• In his last pre-match, Robinson was talking about "When the next Ademola Lookman comes along, and he will come along". Really? The last forward of that quality was about 30 years ago, Robert Lee. Roland believes that Gomez's and Lookmans will be there year on year. He is going to find out the hard way, and who knows where we will be by then.
  • By the way, there is no chance the Lookman money is going on the training ground. RD cannot make a loan to the club to cover losses on the playing side, so that's where that will go.