Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Custom flags

Where do you guys get your flags from? We're looking to get a batch done for our mini section to wave at senior games as a guard of honour and I'm struggling to find anything decent on google. They don't have to be too big but bigger than the hand waving flags that I keep finding on my google search

Comments

• Options
    footballflags.co.uk isnt a bad site.
  • Options
    07903 848384 Pete

Did the big protest banners
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks. I will have a look at that site
  • Options
    We do flags and banners - you will see some of our work next weekend.
  • Options
    Mine arrived today.
    It is excellent.
    My problem is how to display it, at seven feet wide and five feet high I'm trying to figure it out!
  • Options
    Seth, does it have a hem at the top?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    aliwibble said:

A small hem just to strengthen the edge.
    On one side it has a loop at the top left, and a dangly bit of cord hanging down the bottom left, I have seen that before but have never figured it out. Otherwise there is a general hem all round about a third of a centimetre.
    I have thought it might work if I get a couple of bamboo poles or something and try to tape them from the back to the edge of either side as ideally the banner needs to be held about three feet from the ground, and I am not eight feet tall, and i am trying to suss out how to avoid aching arms. I am pretty sure that there will be help, but not from a couple of eight feet tall people.
    Any advice welcome as it is a nice and colourful banner, but the words on the bottom are significant.
  • Options
    My flags are up in the Lib , one of the Dundee boys saw them when he came down for the Millwall game, I did him one he took it Motherwell Saturday and had 8 orders for me Monday morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    seth plum said:

aliwibble said:

On one side it has a loop at the top left, and a dangly bit of cord hanging down the bottom left, I have seen that before but have never figured it out. Otherwise there is a general hem all round about a third of a centimetre.
    I have thought it might work if I get a couple of bamboo poles or something and try to tape them from the back to the edge of either side as ideally the banner needs to be held about three feet from the ground, and I am not eight feet tall, and i am trying to suss out how to avoid aching arms. I am pretty sure that there will be help, but not from a couple of eight feet tall people.
    Any advice welcome as it is a nice and colourful banner, but the words on the bottom are significant.
    I think the loop and the dangly bit of cord are for if you were going to run it up a proper flag pole, but it's been years since I've had to deal with one of those.

I was thinking if the top hem was wide enough for those collapsible tent poles that modern tents have, then you could feed one of those through it for rigidity. The advantage they have over bamboo is you can fold them down reasonably small for transport, and the police will be less twitchy that you're going to use them as a weapon. You could try using a second pole as a mast, but you might find it's a bit too bendy for that to be workable, so it's best to try it out before you travel. If you get some large foldback clips, clip one to the centre of the top pole, one to the bottom of the flag, and feed a second pole through the shiny steel loops of the clips, that might work. You'd need to find some way of stopping the flag slipping down the pole though - another clip just under the top one maybe?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

seth plum said:

aliwibble said:

I think the loop and the dangly bit of cord are for if you were going to run it up a proper flag pole, but it's been years since I've had to deal with one of those.

I was thinking if the top hem was wide enough for those collapsible tent poles that modern tents have, then you could feed one of those through it for rigidity. The advantage they have over bamboo is you can fold them down reasonably small for transport, and the police will be less twitchy that you're going to use them as a weapon. You could try using a second pole as a mast, but you might find it's a bit too bendy for that to be workable, so it's best to try it out before you travel. If you get some large foldback clips, clip one to the centre of the top pole, one to the bottom of the flag, and feed a second pole through the shiny steel loops of the clips, that might work. You'd need to find some way of stopping the flag slipping down the pole though - another clip just under the top one maybe?
    Awesome advice.
    I am less worried about the horizontal than the verticals. It might be bamboo sticks and tape....And hope it doesn't all collapse.
  • Options

We do flags and banners - you will see some of our work next weekend.

Do you have a website to look at?
  • Options
    Nice one @Nug good luck to your lad