Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pancake Day (editing title as Johnnybev couldn’t be bothered to start a new thread)

Comments

• Options
    Had 2 with lemon and sugar, shame I'm only allowed once a year and the pancakes ,
  • Options
    addix said:

Lemon, then sugar. Make sure the lemon juice is well out of date, though

And retire to the Karzy.............. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Our pancake pan is only 8 inches before everyone decides I'm a fat bastard. Got 600mls of pancake batter all ready to go here
    Toppings available:
    Maple syrup
    Bananas
    Tinned pineapple
    Whipped cream
    Chocolate sauce
    Nutella
    Peanut butter
    Raspberry jam
    Ham
    Cheese
    Lemon
    Sugar
    Strawberries
    Creme fraiche

Can't wait
  • Options
    Unmitigated disaster. Every single one of them. Family isn't happy with me
  • Options
    Mr Tatters is making some sort of Polish thing (his old Mum's from Poland) with potato and onion.
  • Options
    Just a heads up guys and girls.
    You're allowed to eat them whenever you want.

Heard people last week "I can't wait for next Tuesday for pancake day"
    Fucking hell, just go home and eat a bloody pancake.
  • Options
    Bacon and Maple Syrup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had first course: stuffed with cheese and facon. Delightful :)
  • Options

Presentation not the best but tasted very good.

That food tech GCSE not wasted.

Is that after you have eaten it?
  • Options

Let's be having you!

Reports required for numbers consumed and toppings. Extra likes for photos.

Think @sadiejane1981 made 92 pancakes last year, while @sam3110 got through 12 and @Dizzle got through 10.

Nowhere near it this year, I made 46, it was less because my poor boy is poorly and not eating and the other half didn't get in until gone 8pm and has fallen asleep after a mere 16 pancakes consumed (he's slacking) the girls bottled out tied at 6 each, I managed 5 but one was pretty huge, a guest ate 3 Anthony only managed a bit of one and 3 ended up in the bin.

• Options
    4 with lemon and canderel

Overdid it on the lemon and now have heartburn - and the raging hump with the Charlton defeat to the mighty Shrewsbury

Shit night
  • Options

Let's be having you!

Think @sadiejane1981 made 92 pancakes last year, while @sam3110 got through 12 and @Dizzle got through 10.

Nowhere near it this year, I made 46, it was less because my poor boy is poorly and not eating and the other half didn't get in until gone 8pm and has fallen asleep after a mere 16 pancakes consumed (he's slacking) the girls bottled out tied at 6 each, I managed 5 but one was pretty huge, a guest ate 3 Anthony only managed a bit of one and 3 ended up in the bin.

How many did he have last year?!
  • Options

Let's be having you!

How many did he have last year?!
    I can't remember it was about double that though. But he's also not as big as he was last year so less space to fill lol
  • Options
    My girlfriend made herself the following pancake
  • Options
    With the same mixture, I made myself this one
  • Options
    The means of production were shared, but the competence wasn't
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    .image
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More like an omelette than a pancake, properly nice though, peppered ham slices were a right touch
  • Options

Let's be having you!

Ms AA isn't that fond of pancakes so we only have them now and again, but in my youth I went to a pancake party and some woman challenged me to a "who can eat the most" contest. She gave up at sixteen, I managed about five more. Most of them were stuffed with chilli con carne, the rest with cheese and onion except the final couple went traditional with lemon and sugar.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bump, although needs updating.

I have said to many i usually have a dinner one and dessert, however apparently the dinner one people think is odd....

I usually have bolognese and cheese one, first dinner/ or chilli con carne
    dessert is usually strawberries, cream and sugar (although baileys is good)

Any unusual ones here? or whats everyones fave?
  • Options
    I presume everyone having pancakes is partaking in Lent too?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I presume everyone having pancakes is partaking in Lent too?

Not me :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Just found a hare in mine.
  • Options

Bump, although title needs updating.

Title updated
  • Options
    FWIW i was going to but didn't want to start a new one and directed to a previous one... love it :)