Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    He is the second person I would get rid of in the summer slightly behind Roger.

However, no one would actually take him off us. If it's anything other than us paying him off I would be heavily surprised.

His contracts until 2018 if I'm correct?
  • Options
    And people on here thought he was going to be our saviour. Total waste of space.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

And people on here thought he was going to be our saviour. Total waste of space.

I really did think he was going to tear this league apart when he come back and it's so sad that he could but for reasons only known to Tony he seems to have lost the talent he had.
    As did I but he's wasted it.
  • Options
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-boss-mauricio-pochettino-i-have-to-drag-harry-kane-away-from-his-shooting-drills-a3481481.html

There's a piece here in the Standard about Harry Kane having to be dragged off the training pitch by his manager, as he wants to practice too much...

Harry Kane has 17 goals in the PL this season.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Watt comes from a very poor part of Glasgow and assume he's not had the greatest upbringing in life.
    He should use that as motivation to progress in football but sadly hasn't. In reality he doesn't have the common sense or brains to realise this.
    Very sad.
  • Options
    Needs to be released and have a spell of looking for and not finding a club willing to take him.

He's had it on a plate since that goal and needs to be brought back down to earth. If that doesn't give him the boot up the arse he so richly deserves then he better get used to struggle street like the rest of us.

What a complete waste of talent.
  • Options
    Been living off that goal v Barca for years now. If he can't do it the SPL or league one, then it's going to be a very fast downward curve from now on. If he doesn't sort his attitude out, he'll be out of the pro game in the next 3-4 years.
  • Options
    He doesn't exactly have a huge amount of talent to waste, but he was bigged up as some kind of Scottish Maradona on here.

He's a stupid, lazy, gormless waste of space
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He got a lot of stick within minutes of coming on yesterday. I have often touted his talent. It looks to have evaporated. He's one of the first I want shown the door.

He also strikes me as quite dense and generally thick
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

He looked like he would be... He seems like the kind of person that has the right attitude for all of the first 5 minutes of joining a team and then just sits back and enjoys his contract.

He deserves a lot more stick than he gets. I have sympathy for people who lack talent but have commitment and real anger at people who have talent but no commitment.

More than anyone though Tony Watt will look back a few years from now on what could have been a great career and probably really regret his attitude. A career that could have had many highlights, but only has one, a goal that even most Celtic fans on the council estate he will end up on will have forgotten in a couple of years.
  • Options
    If anyone needs a visit to a sports psychologist, before it is too late, it is Tony Watt. A well run club would do something about it - the last thing he probably needs is advice from Gobby.
  • Options
    sm said:

If anyone needs a visit to a sports psychologist, before it is too late, it is Tony Watt. A well run club would do something about it - the last thing he probably needs is advice from Gobby.

I think given the amount of clubs he's been at etc it's probably too late.

The best person he could have around him is someone like Jackson, a model professional, and even he appeared to have given up on him..
  • Options
    Don't disagree with anything said above.

My question is why on earth is he still anywhere near the first team? Jimmy Tarbuck should have consigned him to train with the kids long ago.

Or has Douchbag told Jimmy Tarbuck to play him?
  • Options

My question is why on earth is he still anywhere near the first team? Jimmy Tarbuck should have consigned him to train with the kids long ago.

We only have 3 first team strikers on the books.

Failure to sign a decent striker has left us force to rely on him or throw another kid into our squad
  • Options

Failure to sign a decent striker has left us force to rely on him or throw another kid into our squad
    We have KAG, plus several young strikers out on which rather limits our options

Losing Mavididi was unfortunate too, in previous seasons we could have loaned a replacement, but with no more emergency loans that's out of the question now
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

In theory, he could have been. Bu t he seems destined to be one of those who is looked back on as having the talent in heaps but not the mental attitude/professionalism to go with it. I can see him getting fatter, lazier and more bloated with his own importance and drifting out of the game.

That said, as he is now we're stuck with him. His reputation is poor and if you then add a high salary and a lack of basic fitness into the mix, then he's Katrien's plaything until his contract runs out.
  • Options

We have KAG, plus several young strikers out on which rather limits our options

Losing Mavididi was unfortunate too, in previous seasons we could have loaned a replacement, but with no more emergency loans that's out of the question now
    That we are struggling in League 1 because we can't make emergency loans to paper over our glaring squad deficiencies is another symptom of the shambles we have become under Duchatalet/Meire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked like he gave a pretty unimpressed look towards the fans when they started chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" (directed at the team) just after he came on.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

1StevieG said:

In theory, he could have been. Bu t he seems destined to be one of those who is looked back on as having the talent in heaps but not the mental attitude/professionalism to go with it. I can see him getting fatter, lazier and more bloated with his own importance and drifting out of the game.

That said, as he is now we're stuck with him. His reputation is poor and if you then add a high salary and a lack of basic fitness into the mix, then he's Katrien's plaything until his contract runs out.
    Signed a 3 1/2year contract in Jan15, so expected him to be loaned out at the end of this season, if anyone will take him.
  • Options

Surely what happened was that when we sold Lookman, Robinson told the President that we needed a replacement striker. El Douche then remembered he was already paying the wages of a striker, and said toKR "Here's your Lookman replacement."
  • Options
    You never know when we might need someone to keep the ball in the corner.
  • Options

Ouch, ouch.... the irony is so hard in that tweet it actually hurts.
    I suspect that irony might be a tad too subtle for our Tone.
  • Options
    I wanted Watt back in the squad,I stupidly thought he would do a good job for us...wrong,wrong,wrong :(
  • Options
    As my young daughter might say, it takes one to know one.
  • Options
    What's depressing, is that after all KR said about getting Watt fit, he now looks a lot less fit than when he joined us.

At the least the pubs and restaurants of Greenwich are benefiting, so it's giving a boost to the local economy...
  • Options
    Tony's shot shot shot.