Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson's last 76 games as a manager...

....have produced 70 points!

P76 W16 D22 L38 GD -37

No wonder he looks so dejected.

Comments

• Options
    Relegation form.
  • Options
    Results secondary according to Tarbuck now

It's about playing the kids, it seems.

Seems the rest of the division will have to wait a little longer for that Charlton charge Karl mentioned.
  • Options
    Very impressive.
  • Options
    Blimey that's some stats, wonder if there's a manager currently working with worse..... 21% win rate and .92 points a game. He'd best hope Roly's laptop kid doesn't run a model...
  • Options
    Remarkable when you think of everything that has gone on here over the past 18 months that Robinson's side were below us for the duration.

All of that discontent, the fact we were managed my Karel Fraeye, Naby Sarr, Roger Johnson, Ba, Williams etc etc and they were still below us?

Crazy stuff.
  • Options
    No wonder he gave it the bigun to us fans after the odd win, must've seemed like he'd just won the lottery.
  • Options

Remarkable when you think of everything that has gone on here over the past 18 months that Robinson's side were below us for the duration.

All of that discontent, the fact we were managed my Karel Fraeye, Naby Sarr, Roger Johnson, Ba, Williams etc etc and they were still below us?

Crazy stuff.

Even more remarkable is that we seemed to have hired the man managing a team who have been performing even worst than us during that time.

Roland's Charlton, Roland's Charlton

KM probably took one look at that record and thought, yes, you'll fit in well
  • Options
    But every time we have improved our ranking.

Haven't we?
  • Options
    That is some record. That has to be the worst record of a current League Manager ?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did wonders until May 2015 but youdon't just become a bad manager.
  • Options
    The older side picked on Tuesday didn't work, so why not put one or two more kids in.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

The older side picked on Tuesday didn't work, so why not put one or two more kids in.

I am surprised Dijksteel hasn't at least been on the bench.

It's a risk but after being talked up, getting a new contract and travelling with the team he's not featured again.

Yes there is a risk of burn out as we've seen, perhaps, with Aribo and Konsa but who else is there?
  • Options

Redhenry said:

It's a risk but after being talked up, getting a new contract and travelling with the team he's not featured again.

Yes there is a risk of burn out as we've seen, perhaps, with Aribo and Konsa but who else is there?
    Robinson's vocal cords..??
  • Options

Just 76 unlucky games then ?
    Poor refs ?
    A plethora of deadwood ?
    No, but up to 2015 he'd been pretty decent, and in May 2015 MK Dons were promoted. Not much money was spent and his MK Dons team were a team of upper League One quality when they were in the Championship, and they were relegated.

He has undoubtedly struggled in the last 6 months or so with teams that should be doing far better than they have been (MKD then us), but I agree with Addick81, you don't just become an awful manager overnight.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In the 2014/15 season he had the benefit of Dele Alli (clearly the outstanding player in L1 that season) as well as two key loan strikers (Grigg and Afobe) - between them, these three scored 47 goals.
  • Options
    I had no idea it was that bad. It makes grim reading.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Looks about par for the course for the type of manager willing to work under our owners. You are either going to get records like this or the mercenaries who only come here for three months then the pay off.

I suppose there is a third option and that is a foreign manager who shares the same ideas as RD & KM with no English football experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Poor refs ?
    A plethora of deadwood ?
    No, but up to 2015 he'd been pretty decent, and in May 2015 MK Dons were promoted. Not much money was spent and his MK Dons team were a team of upper League One quality when they were in the Championship, and they were relegated.

He has undoubtedly struggled in the last 6 months or so with teams that should be doing far better than they have been (MKD then us), but I agree with Addick81, you don't just become an awful manager overnight.
    How about a season and a half, though?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

You do when it comes to taking the charlton job.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Blimey that's some stats, wonder if there's a manager currently working with worse..... 21% win rate and .92 points a game.

Don't worry Pinnochio and RD will be looking for a CV right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It just strengthens Meires comment that every year we make progress.....
  • Options

Redhenry said:

He may well be doing that on Sat, but this what I hate about the regime. If we lose on Sat, whoever is in that team will get pelters. We keep putting in young players who are at a very fragile stage in their career into this cauldron of anger given the situation. it will damage some permanently
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Poor refs ?
    A plethora of deadwood ?

Dowie did. Phil Brown did. I'm sure there are others. Paul Jewell ?
    There are some, Dowie is an example, where one good season, maybe 2, are followed by a long period of failure, sometimes ending in managerial oblivion.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Poor refs ?
    A plethora of deadwood ?

Perhaps he has always been awful and his 'success' is more to do with Dele Ali than his ability as a football manager
  • Options

....have produced 70 points!

P76 W16 D22 L38 GD -37

No wonder he looks so dejected.

That's what we pay Daisy the big bucks for.

Congratulations Daisy on your unerring ability to spot a "Diamond in the rough"
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Poor refs ?
    A plethora of deadwood ?

The question should be when does he become a good manager?